A Simple Gallery for Your Website
Plogger is the next generation in open-source photo gallery systems. A web application not bloated with superfluous features or complicated configuration settings. Plogger is a simple yet powerful tool — everything you need to share your images with the world. Plogger is your photos integrated into your website, a fully featured photo sharing package with an attractive and easy to use administrative interface that makes managing your galleries a breeze. Integrating our gallery software into your website is as easy as inserting three lines of PHP code. And did we mention the price? Absolutely Free. Plogger requires a dedicated server or a shared hosting environment with at least MySQL v3.23, GD1.0, and PHP4.
What's New in Version 1.0-RC1?
- Easier Install / Upgrade — Plogger now has checks in place to determine common issues during Install and Upgrade. Additionally, the Upgrade process has been completely rewritten to be as painless as possible from any previous version of Plogger. Just run the install / upgrade, follow the onscreen instructions, sit back and enjoy!
- Smart Content — Plogger now checks your gallery content. If you are only using 1 album, the default view is automatically that album. If you are only using 1 collection, the default view is now automatically that collection.
- Extensions / Plugins — The beginnings of an extension / plugin system has been implemented to allow 3rd party code to build off of the Plogger core. Development of this is still in it's early stages, but look for increased functionality in future releases.
- Better SEO — Cruft-Free URLs now use dashes ( - ) instead of underscores ( _ ) for spaces in URLs and image extensions have been removed from picture pages and replaced with a trailing slash. Pagination has been optimized and possible duplicate content has been removed. New function plogger_generate_seo_meta_
tags()available for use in theme head to generate description and keyword meta tags.
- Extended International Support — Now the front-end in addition to the admin back-end is translatable using the gettext library. Increased support for international characters has been included for names, descriptions, and captions.
- More Options — The Options tab has been reordered and includes additional items. Some of the new options include (but are not limited to): thumbnail resize / crop options, separate sort orders for collections, albums, and pictures, RSS feed content selection for albums or pictures at collection level.
- Custom 404 Error Pages — Themes now contain a 404 error page (page not found), customizable per theme.
- Increased Security — Plogger now has increased security in place inhibiting XSS attacks & SQL injections, better directory permissions (no "open" directories with '0777' permsissions), and a workaround for safe_mode enabled servers.
- Tons more Bug Fixes — Version 1.0-RC1 has fixed tons of bug fixes, including those in 71 user reported tickets and many more that were not reported!
What's New in Version 1.0 Beta3?
- Better International Support — Plogger now supports internationalization of the admin area through the GetText framework and will be available in many languages. Plogger also now supports better usage of the UTF-8 Character set in the storage engine.
- AJAX inline-editing — You can now edit descriptions and captions for any picture on-the-fly with our slick AJAX inline editors.
- Include from Anywhere — Now you can include Plogger from any directory or page on your website
- Upload Zip Files — Upload a zip file full of pictures and Plogger will automatically unpack and import them to your gallery
- Description fields for pictures — All your images can now have captions and descriptions if you'd like
- Tons of Bug Fixes — Version 3.0 is a complete rewrite of version 2.0. We now have definable sort orders, SEO friendly page titles, better large file support, a brand new user interface, and tons of bug fixes!
Loads of Useful Features
- Easy Install and Setup — Single step installation - no fussing with configuration files or server privileges (if allowed). Plogger contains a fully featured, secure administration system. Plogger can be used as a stand-alone gallery or be dropped into your current site with no more than three PHP statements. You can be up and running in less than five minutes.
- Easy Gallery Creation — You can upload photos one at a time from the web based administrative tool or use an FTP connection to import your photos in groups. Plogger has two levels of organization, allowing you to organize your images efficiently and easily.
- Automatic Thumbnail Generation — Supports server side caching and high-quality true-color resampling. Thumbnails can be configured to be any size you choose from the options menu. Supports all major image formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF).
- XHTML W3C Compliant — Plogger outputs properly formatted, fully validated XHTML. This allows the user to configure the look of Plogger via the included style sheet. Your site will remain validated and accessible.
- User Feedback — Plogger allows you to turn comments on or off for any specified image. Comments are displayed publicly and add an element of community to your gallery.
- RSS support — Each level of organization can now generate it’s own RSS feed. You can subscribe to feeds for a single album, collection, or the entire gallery. Additionally, you can subscribe to a custom set of search terms to keep you updated on your chosen keywords.
Gold Level Project Sponsors
- Homes for Sale in Ocala FL
- Fanduel Promo Codes
- CEO On Demand
- Russian Nesting Dolls
- Spray Tanning
- Best web hosting UK
- Review of Gold IRA Companies
- Reviews of Tumescent Liposuction
- Chhabra Patent Law Firm
- Mobile Slots
- The Info Parrot
- Chameleon John
- FanDuel Promo Code
- Little Language Site
- Fruity King
- Vaporizer Reviews
- The Boss SEO
- Wedding Photographer
- Omega Travel
- Campings de Espaņa
- Debt Advice
- Home Security Systems
- draftkings promo code
- Goedkope vliegtickets
- Buy Easter Eggs
- Gold Sponsorship is currently closed. Next spot available 02/10/16 (contact mike [at] plogger [dot] org for details)