Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello. I would like to install Plogger on my WordPress site (www.jordanyaruss.com). My host gives me one MySQL database, which I am currently using for the blog. Can I use the same db for Plogger, or do I need to get a second one?

Yup, I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2005

You can use the same database for Plogger that you use for Wordpress. Plogger will just create more tables within the DB. This won't effect Wordpress at all. Plogger uses the prefix (plogger_) to all its table names, so you don't have to worry about namespace collisions.
    • CommentAuthorsamplesize
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2005 edited

Thanks! I think I got it installed right, but I've got a new stumble here. When I try to go to admin, I get a 403 Forbidden error. Do I have to change permissions somewhere maybe?

By the way, should I generally start a new thread for a new question, or just continue in the same one?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2005

Reply on an existing thread if your question is related to the discussion topic, post a new discussion if you have a different question.

In regards to your 403 error, try changing the permissions on your admin directory to 755 or 777 using an FTP program.