Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoroliver
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010 edited

Hello, I've started using Plogger with pleasure, congratulations on the well-coded software :)

I would like to ask, would you know of an easy way for the admin of a plogger gallery to obtain an HTML code to use elsewhere on the internet ?
    I mean : we select the picture thumbnails of our choice inside an album, and there would be a new option : create the HTML source code. This source code could be simply < a href= "picture page" > < img src="thumbnail picture URL" > < /a > , for all the pictures sequentially.

The only solution I found at the present time is to manually obtain the source code from the list of thumbnails, then clean the html code off the stylesheet and div references, but frankly, that takes a LOT of time.

I also tried toying with the includes of plogger, but with very little success, I'm still a newbie when it comes to PHP, I'm afraid to say.

So please, if you know how to tweak my plogger config so that I can obtain a usable HTML code for my thumbnails (linked to the picture pages), that would be very, VERY nice of you to share your knoweledge :)

Thank you VERY much in advance, if you can help, I'll be most grateful :)
    Best regards,

Oliver
    • CommentAuthoroliver
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010

Hmm, really can't anyone help ? Pretty please with sugar on top ? :)
    • CommentAuthoroliver
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

A precision maybe, to have this feature, I would even be ready to donate money for the development of it.

I'm certain that it would be something highly appreciated by webmasters, something the plogger dev team underestimates...

Here's the page where I said I'm ready to pay for it :
    http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/3064/obtain-an-html-code-to-paste-elsewhere-for-a-plogger-gallery/
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell

oliver: I appreciate how much you would like to have this feature, and are willing to donate money to the Plogger project for it to be developed.

Please understand, however, that both sidtheduck and I have very busy schedules right now. We're not underestimating its usefulness, we just don't have the free time to dedicate to developing this at the moment. I will include this in the list of topics that need to be discussed next time I speak with him.
    • CommentAuthoroliver

All right, thank you very much for taking my suggestion in consideration, then :)

If in the meanwhile I find somebody willing to help with the code to add this feature, I'll also come back to share the info.
    I don't know if there is no such thing as free lunch, but free code, it does exist !

In case you take a long time but finally decide, with Sidtheduck, to add this feature, I'll still be glad to donate to show my gratitude, you can ping me at sabin (curse email harvesting bots) at (curse email harvesting bots) free.fr.

Best regards,
    Oliver