Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hi, my Plogger 3.0 beta shows in the slideshow only the first 20 images, thats the same number in the collection on the firstpage thumbnails.
    It must show all the immages in the collection, no?
    Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks,

Bert
    • CommentAuthorjlw
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2007 edited

All of a sudden I'm having the same issue. The first couple of albums I added, the slideshow would show all the images. Then I added a third album, and now suddenly the slideshows (on all albums) are limited to the first 20 images.

I've got my albums set to display 16 thumbnails per page, so I don't think the slideshow limit is related to the thumbnails-per-page setting.
    • CommentAuthorjlw
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2007

Update: I tried dropping my database and completely reinstalling Plogger, but slideshows are still limited to the first 20 images. This is after adding only one collection of 100 pictures. The first time I had set up Plogger, I was able to see all images in a slideshow, so I don't know why now it has limited itself to the first 20.

I tried changing the prefetch setting in slideshow.js from "-1" (the default -- pre-loads all images) to a small integer (e.g. 3) thinking that maybe preloading 100 slides was running Javascript out of memory... but that didn't seem to help either.

Thoughts, anyone...?
    • CommentAuthorjlw
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2007

Incidentally, if I advance through all the images manually using the 'next' link (not the slideshow 'next' button) it will display all of them... but there's a long pause after the 20th one, as if Plogger has had to pause to do something.

I don't know whether this is related or not, just struck me as interesting that both quirks seem to involve going above 20 images.
    • CommentAuthorjlw
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2007 edited

Another update: I tried reducing the JPEG quality setting and the intermediate picture width in case the size of the images was causing a problem, but it didn't help either.

I also made some very small original images (120x120 pixels) but even with these it wouldn't advance beyond 20.

Is ANYONE successfully getting slideshows to advance beyond 20 slides? Guess I'd better post that as a separate subject line...
    • CommentAuthorjlw
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2007

I finally figured it out -- see my later thread for info. Note that building larger slide shows takes a lot longer... so long that your users might not put up with it. But it can be done if you want to do it.