Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorfelixo
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2008

New user here. I run a small webhost. I tried to install this program for a client, and everything went smoothly. It finished the install and told me the username admin and password in single quotes. Figured the program was successful and forwarded the info to my client. They tried to login and failed. I tried to login afterwards and failed. I did a fresh install (wipe dir and db) with same result.

I found a similar dated discussion:

http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/165/invalid-login-on-fresh-install/

I also tried this to no avail:

http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/2066/fresh-install-cannot-login/

I figured the last thing I could do is edit the md5 has on the mysql db. I double checked that plogger was able to write to the db (it did). However I am fearful that this may just be the beginning of many more errors if something is setup wrong on my box.

PS we run centos 5.2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2008

felixo,

Try this. It may be a conflict with a previous cookie set for your system / domain. This is fixed in the current SVN, but not for the beta3 download.
    • CommentAuthorfelixo
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008

sidtheduck

Tried what you suggested. You should look in admin/index.php. It does not have what your snippet does on your link. Alas plogger for us is not working.

How can the stable release have such a bug? Any and all new users would encounter this install bug? Would simply wiping cookies after install work?

Where is the cvs repository so I can checkout the latest version?
    • CommentAuthorfelixo
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008

Tried version from trunk v585. After install same error, "Invalid username or password"
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008 edited

felixo,

Is there any way I can take a look at your install? You can email me at sidtheduck splat gmail dot com if you don't want to post your info on the forums.
    • CommentAuthorfelixo
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008

Sent you an email, but likely not. Perhaps we could make a dummy account and try the shenanigans all over again...
    • CommentAuthorfelixo
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008

This is resolved. Sidtheduck proposed that PHP sessions were misconfigured. Indeed Centos 5.2 fresh out of the box was not correctly set in conjunction with fastcgi. Thanks!