Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorRichie086
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009

Ok i just installed plogger on my machine which is running WAMP

I was able to enter in my MySQL server hostname, password, all that jazz, i click next or proceed and the next screen i get shows the following message

Setup is now complete

Your username is and your password is ``

Only problem is, it actually shows ' and ' but no username or password for the admin login
    I have not been prompted for what username and password i want to use, so i dunno if this software auto-generates an admin login and password for you, or what is going on. The only username and password i have entered is for my MySQL server so Plogger can connect to the DB..

Is this a permissions issue? has anyone seen this or have an easy way to get around this problem and find out what the admin username/pw is?
    • CommentAuthorcwsterling

it is an error because they are using a shorttag method of displaying the information. Using phpmyadmin (or what ever you have installed to view your mysql stuff), go to the table where you installed plogger. Look for plogger_config. Browse that table and edit the row. Replace admin_password with 21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 and your username and password is admin.

Username: admin
    Password: admin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

Actually, this isn't a short_tag issue, but a sessions issue. The next release of Plogger (based on the current SVN code) should have this fixed for sessions and short tags have all been removed.
    • CommentAuthorRichie086

is there any way i could get access to the SVN and try it? or is there any other fix i can do so I dont have to wait till the next release comes out? I would not mind being a beta tester if you are looking for anyone..
    • CommentAuthorRichie086

btw - cwsterling's suggestion about changing the value of the hashed password worked, i can login now :)

thanks cwsterling
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2009

Posted By: Richie086is there any way i could get access to the SVN and try it? or is there any other fix i can do so I dont have to wait till the next release comes out? I would not mind being a beta tester if you are looking for anyone..
    Sure thing, Richie086. You can either download it manually here or you can use a program like TortoiseSVN and just grab the HEAD revision from http://svn.plogger.org/trunk/

Once downloaded, just follow the readme to upgrade from your previous install or set up a fresh installation if you're just getting started.
    • CommentAuthorkarent
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009

Hi All,

I am getting this message when installing also
    "Setup is now complete Your username is and your password is ``"

However noting is created in the database.

And if I go to index.php I get this message
    Plogger cannot connect to the database because: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Any ideas???

Thanks
    Karen
    Karen, chances are you have the wrong password, as this is the most common cause of this access denied error.

i would drop into your mysql and make sure you can login with the password you have supplied plogger with.
    • CommentAuthorkarent
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009

I am not very good with this as you can tell ...

I have logged into PHPmyAdmin with this username and password and it works .. Is that the same thing?
    Could it be that I don't have the correct permissions on some files?

Also when I load the install screen it has code in the input boxes
    e.g <?=$form['db_host']?>

Thanks for your help!
    Karen