Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorhyrel
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009 edited

Its like its trying to display more thumbnails then the row has room for so it drops the overflow onto the next row ans then starts a new row. So Row 1 has 5 pictures, Row 2 has 1 picture, Row 3 has 5 pictures, row 4 has 2 pictures, ect.

Here's a link so you can see: http://www.wowakk.com/gallery/index.php?level=album&id=189

Its happening in all my albums and was on the main page with the collections but I switched the theme for it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    • CommentAuthorhyrel
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009

It seems if you change the settings to square it fixes the issues.
    • CommentAuthorheeenke
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010

same problem here, worked when changed to squares. But dont like the square thumbnails :) Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell

@heeenke: The problem has already been brought to our attention (see Trac ticket #242) and a fix has been worked out. It will be committed to SVN the next time we make a commit.
    • CommentAuthorheeenke

oh thx mate
    • CommentAuthorheeenke

it worked. cool. thx again
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

Hi
    I too was having this problem so I followed the discussion on trac ticket 242, however, the fix given does not fully resolve the issue. Also I couldn't work out how to submit my comment onto that ticket so I am having to place it here.
    The fix does appear to resolve the problem, however, if you refresh the page in explorer all the thumbnails line-up below each other completly destroying the look of the page. I guess this is because the float has been removed, but if you put it back in the initial problem returns. If none of your visitors refresh the page then you will be ok but I think this is something that needs resolving!

cheers
    Burnsie
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

Burnsie,

The ticket does resolve the Internet Explorer issue (see second code block here). You need to place the conditional comment from the second code block to the head.php file in the theme directory that is activated (just after the CSS link call). The first code block is a change to the CSS file, gallery.css, itself.

Also, to add comments or open a Trac ticket, you just need to login to Trac. At the top of the page, click on the "Login" link and sign in using the same username and password from this forum.

Hope that helps!
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010

hi
    Still no luck. i appear to be missing something!
    Here is my code in 'head.php'

<?php echo plogger_generate_seo_meta_tags();?>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo THEME_URL ?>gallery.css" />
    <!--[if lt IE 8]><style>
    .slides li { /* this is a workaround for IE6/7 because they do not support inline-block correctly */
    zoom: 1;
    display: inline;
    }
    </style>
    <![endif]-->

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo THEME_URL ?>dynamics.js"></script>

I am runing IE 8 and it still places all the thumbnail images below each other if you refresh the page. If you run the page in Compatibility View it stops this but obviously this is not ideal. Am I missing something obvious?
    Cheers
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

Burnsie,

Do you have a link to your site? I do not have any issue on my test site with IE8 with / without compatibility view running. IE8 should work with the inline-block CSS instead of the inline / zoom workaround with IE6 & 7.
    Thankful People: Burnsie
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

Hi
    sorry can't give you a link yet as it's a work in progress! I have spent hours trying to get this to work. No matter what, if you refresh the page on collections, collection or album the thumbnails line up under each other on the left of the page. I don't know where i could go wrong copying and pasting two small pieces of code but it simply wont have it.

ho hum
    Burnsie
    • CommentAuthorfropker
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

how to get random pictures and recent pictures in horizontal row instead of vertical.

pls have a look at http://bigadda.org

and help to make pictures in horizontal row
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

@fropker: You have started 2 posts on this issue, and have added this same comment to several unrelated threads. Please don't do that. You made your request an hour ago - have some patience. It is the weekend and the dev team members don't check in as often. I will take a look at your issue and respond in one of the threads you started.
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010

I have solved this.
    The problem was with a piece of software I was running ie the DebugBar and its friend Companion js. It seems that this was causing my rendering problems. I installed their updates and hey presto everything works fine! It's easy when you know how!
    cheers
    Burnsie
    Am facing the same problem. i've updated everyhing mentioned in trac 242 but still the issue is not solved.

Here is the link to my gallery http://www.supertelugu.com/gallery/supertelugu-tollywood-gallery/

i've tested it with IE8 and FF 3.6

can someone tell me how to fix this
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010

@supertelugu: That fix is for the 1.0-RC1 default theme. You are still using the default theme from Beta3.

I looked at your stylesheet. While you did add the changed style rules at the end of the stylesheet, you did not remove the original rules.

Go through your stylesheet and find where .slides li and.tag. are defined, and remove those lines, leaving the new lines at the end. The issue should then be resolved for you.
    @Kimparsell

Thanks for a quick reply. i've made changes to the style sheet and its looking gr8 now.everything in order.

I have one more query

All my plogger images are getting indexed in google image search by the date uploaded. is there any possibility that i can make the image description be the first priority. here is my site's link LINK in google image search.

If u see that link all the plogger images are indexed with the upload date.