Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordougw
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010 edited

I need to add a side bar to Plogger, at the moment I am using frames which is not a good idea and does not work in PHP5 for some reason.
    There are headers and footers in Plogger but no side bar. Does anyone know how to add one?
    To see what I am trying to achieve (without the frameset) please have a look at www.artspaces.co.uk
    Sure! Build your own html/css template, using a left column for your navigation and anything else you'd like to place there. Then add the plogger code in the editable region for the main content body.

Jenni
    TheWebLotus
    http://theweblotus.com
    • CommentAuthordougw
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010

Thank you, I am not sure how to do that but I will have a try.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010

CSS overflow Property
    The overflow property is the way I can get the page to scroll. This property has five different styles:

* visible
    This is the default, and it indicates that the content should be displayed on the page as the browser normally would.
    * hidden
    This style indicates that any extra content that doesn't fit in the box should remain hidden.
    * scroll
    With the overflow set to scroll will add scrollbars (both vertical and horizontal) to the box property.
    * inherit
    The inherit style sets the overflow to be inherently the same as the parent element.
    * auto
    This is the style we want. It specifies that if the content will overflow the box, scrollbars should display, otherwise, they are left off.

I put the overflow : auto; on both the left navigation element (#leftnavigation) and the main content area (#content). That ensures that if the browser window is really small, both the navigation and the content will be scrollable.
    • CommentAuthorgonzo
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010

There are several places you can find CSS that support sidebars. If you can't find one let me know and I can send your a template that I use for my wife's web site that has it (with plogger intergrated).

David.