Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010

Hi,

I have multiple plogger galleries running for quite some time now. My largest one which has also been running longest has been working fine for about 6 months but stopped working this week.
    Front end still ok but can't do anything in the administrator. When I log-in and try and click a tab I get sent back to the log-in page.

I log in on plogger/plog-admin/
    Login successfull and I get sent to plogger/plog-admin/plog-upload.php
    I click on Impoert and get sent here, plogger/plog-admin/index.php?r=plog-import.php where I see a login screen again
    I log in and see the directory I want to import, I click on it and get sent to /plog-admin/index.php?r=plog-import.php which is a login again.

Please advise,

Michael
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

xiphias,

If your webhost recently upgraded PHP from PHP4.x to PHP5.x, this could be the issue. PHP5.x does not have a session.save_path set by default, so many webhosts either overlook this or want you to provide your own locally stored directory to save the temporary session files. You will need to check with your webhost to see where they recommend setting the session.save_path variable. Also, in RC1, we've tried to make it easier to set this by having a constant variable set up in plog-config.php called PLOGGER_SESSION_SAVE_PATH.

Look for this line of code in your plog-config.php:
    define('PLOGGER_SESSION_SAVE_PATH', '');
    if not there, you can copy it from the plog-config-sample.php file. Set it like so:
    define('PLOGGER_SESSION_SAVE_PATH', '/session/path/given/by/your/webhost/');
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias

Hi Sid,

Running a dedicated server and talked to my co-admin if he changed anything but he said not,
    Managed to get server info from admin,

Server Software: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    PHP Version: 4.4.8 (CGI-FCGI)
    MySQL Version: 5.1.38-community
    GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible) with JPEG support
    Session Save Path: C:\WINDOWS\Temp
    File Upload Size Limit: 18.75MB
    Temporary Memory Limit:
    Code Run Time Limit: 300s

Looks same as before, I'll try to see if rights for C:\Windows\Temp changed.

Thanks so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias

One more thing, plogger is running within a joomla site with te little com you made for me. Joomla login works fine, as does the 13000 member forum also hosted on the same server.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

Well, fixed. Turns out co-admin renamed Temp to tempold and created new temp :S Gave website permission on folder and running fine again.
    Grrrr....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

Glad that you got it worked out, xiphias. Also, in regards to your other logins working, they most likely use cookies to store the login information where Plogger uses sessions (and session cookies), which require the session variables in PHP to be set. Session variables used to be set by default, are more secure than regular cookies (at least in their default form), and are rarely blocked by browsers' settings (which regular cookies sometimes are). We're hoping to implement some more redundancy with regular cookies to enable auto-logons, etc. in the future, so the login process will hopefully be more improved in the near future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010

Well, problems again.

We are upgrading our server with a new raid set, windows 64 and php5. In the meantime we've P2V'ed the server and it's running virtualy and no problems there, been running fine for 2 weeks.
    Yesterday I was adding a new Album and after the import I'm back on the imort tab and I still see the folder I imported, I took a look and all images still there, turns out it wasn't importing.
    Is there a limit on the amount of albums, I've got 140 now and was trying to add 141.

Thinking it was a session thing I logged out and tried to login again. But after I klik login I'm redirected back to the login page. Checked settings on the session save path and noting changed.
    All was working fine day before when I added 3 Albums.
    I'm stuck now.-

Running Google Chrome.

Just tried Firefox 3.6.3 and login worked and import also. Guess Chrome cookies are f'ed up.

Still adding this post for people which might have simular issue in Chrome.
    • CommentAuthorjmcpeak
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010

Still not working. I set define('PLOGGER_SESSION_SAVE_PATH', '/home/m/c/mcpeakfamily.org/html/tmp');
    I gave that dir chmod 777 - I even see session tmp files in that directory. I still can't update any settings.

Server Software: Apache/2.0.46 (CentOS)
    PHP Version: 4.3.2 (APACHE2FILTER)
    MySQL Version: 4.1.22
    GD Version: bundled (2.0.12 compatible) with JPEG support
    Session Save Path: /home/m/c/mcpeakfamily.org/html/tmp
    File Upload Size Limit: 2MB
    Temporary Memory Limit: 64M
    Code Run Time Limit: 300s

Any ideas? This was an upgrade and the previous beta worked.

The site upgraded flawlessly btw - thank you.