Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjdrom
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010

Is it possible to add some additional fields to the images? In this scenario, it's a website showcasing artwork and I'd like to add a field below the pictures to include the Price of the painting. Of course, it would have to be dynamic and the price inputted via the Admin pages.

Would this be overly difficult to add? I'm not too well versed in PHP though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010

jdrom,

You can use the existing "Description" field to add a price, description, and artist credit if you like.
    • CommentAuthorjdrom
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010

I'm aware I can do that, however I want it to be formatted different to stand out. The description field I'm using for the size of the canvas and the painting type already.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010

add fields to the mysql database and call them from the picture.php Then use CSS or format them with php to stand out differently. You could even keep everything in the description and have different parts of it stand out using str_replace in the php to change bold, font size etc to make it stand out. I would just add another field to the database and call it from the page.