Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

i have downloaded (and installed) plogger bet3 from svn, but havn't bookmarked the svn url. recently i've decided to upgrade my installation but i can't found the svn address! i've googled for this, but the link i found (http://svn.duffduff.dyndns.org/plogger) doesn't work. maybe svn have been moved to new address that haven't been indexed yet?..

can anybody help me with this? where can i get new build of beta3?

(and sorry for my not-native english, i'm from russia:)
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2006

The SVN trunk is at: http://svn.plogger.org/plogger/.

Beta3 is unsupported and unfinished, so don't come crying to us when your website explodes =)
    oh, thank you, mike!

and thanks a lot for the plogger! it's realy great (especially with beta3 features:)!
    • CommentAuthorvkaryl
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2006

I really want to play with the beta 3 version, due to the tableless templates included. However, going to the above link doesn't seem to give me a "real" download option?

Every link there is an .htm file - do I have to open every one and copy to a file? And yeah, I bet I'm being not only dumb and blonde, but SENIOR, dumb and blonde.... so be kind to the aging and infirm, okay?
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Grab an SVN client (e.g. http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org) and use it to download the SVN from svn.plogger.org/plogger/trunk.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorvkaryl

Yeah, got that from another thread just now.... another 10 mb download on 30 year old analog dialup lines, will no doubt take me the rest of the night.... *sigh*

I'm sure it will be worth it.
    • CommentAuthorvkaryl
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2006

Okay, let's revisit this. I don't want to run svn - I thought I was downloading a "client" which would allow for simply downloading the beta distribution. Obviously that's not the case.

So couple of questions: is there some way/somewhere to download a beta 3 distro? If not, why not? Not everyone wants to mess with svn....
    • CommentAuthorpiquadrat
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2006 edited

vkaryl: here's a checkout from a few minutes ago:

(EDIT: Link Removed, Please use SVN to checkout the latest version)

But don't expect me to do this on a regular basis.

@devs: please contact me if this is not ok with you.
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Beta 3 is still in the works. If you don't want to deal with SVN, it isn't yet available. There is no distribution (distro) because Beta 3 isn't yet finished.

Piquadrat: I can't foresee a problem with it, as long as everyone understands Beta 3 is not nearly complete but reasonably stable. Additionally, until we get all the bugs out, we can't reasonably offer support, either.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorvkaryl

I don't need support. I don't expect support. I simply want to see if the tableless themes will fit my needs. If not, I'll move on.

I know about "not running in a production environment". I run beta software on my local server. I regularly beta test software, for apps such as wordpress, eSyndiCat, CubeCart, and ModX - and far from needing support on their support fora, I'm one of the supporters as well as a mod on wp.

piquadrat, thank you. I appreciate the help in shortcutting the time necessary for me to determine if this application will fit my needs. I won't be asking again, since I shouldn't have any problem figuring out whether the next version will be appropriate for my continuing website development. I have finished the download, uncompressed the file, and it looks fine, so if you'd like to remove the link? Thank you very much again, I do appreciate the assistance.
    • CommentAuthorvkaryl

And I'm QUITE pleased with it. Thanks. Its so far the best album I've tried (beta-in-process notwithstanding!) out of maybe 50 or so.... the theme selection is wonderful already, and not only are the stated tableless themes pretty easy to work with, the Lightbox theme seems to throw clean code as well (meaning no tables), with the added pop function.

Thank you again, piquadrat. Very kind of you, I appreciate the help immensely. And thanks to the developers for going the tableless route as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Using SVN is really quite easily actually, I'm not sure what the aversion is.

1.) Download TortoiseSVN
    2.) Create a new folder on your desktop
    3.) Right click on it, click "Checkout"
    4.) Select HEAD, enter SVN path "http://svn.plogger.org/plogger/trunk/"

Your folder is instantly populated with the latest changes from the repository. Right clicking on the folder and clicking "update" will instantly update any of the files that have been changed.

Piqua, I removed your link of the Beta3 snapshot. I don't mind people using SVN to get the latest developments, but by packaging them as Beta3 and creating a link you are essentially creating an unofficial distribution which could easily find itself way outside the walls of this forum, and completely out of context.

Beta 2 is the latest supported version, and that is the only one we want circulating as of now. However, if you are tech-savvy and don't mind dealing with possibly major bugs and problems on an untested version of the software, then by all means get the dev version from the repository. I just don't want to get 100 emails from random saying "Dude I just got teh new Plogger from killerwarez.com!! The RSS feeds are totally broken WTFLMAO!!"
    • CommentAuthorpiquadrat
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2006

OK, I took down the file. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your reasoning is perfectly understandable.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2006

"WTFLMAO!!!" lol

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthornissai
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006 edited

No complaints just somme remarks

impossible to delete a collection
    in upload the thumbnails are said created but not visible on screen.
    on windows xp 2 and firefox 1.5 on svn 338
    Thanks for your work
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006

Yep. Revision 338 is currently borked. We are working on it.
    Hey Mike,

Is it helpfull to you that we post bugs/remarks/wishes in the forum ?
    Cheers
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006

If you could, please create bug report tickets at http://dev.plogger.org/.
    Feature requests and general remarks can be made here in the forum, and if appropriate, we will move the discussion into TRAC to begin development of the requested feature.