Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcrowds
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2005

When i get to the final stage of the cat/album tree i am left with the large thumb. When i click on this it gives me a 403 error. This happens on my online site but i also have plogger installed in my sokkit area for development and it never happens there ? i
    Another image issue i have is with some of the .gif files in the graphis folder. In admin the delete cross will not appear (no thats not a great concern :-)) but it also happens with the Next Previous and Slideshow Buttons. any idea why ?

here is my gallery area
    http://surviving-chesterfield.co.uk/gallery/
    Cheers
    Crowds
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2005

Make sure you have full permissions on your /images/ directory. Try CHMODing it to 777, although you should've done this already during installation.
    • CommentAuthorcrowds
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2005

Cheers Mike,
    I tried it but still no joy. I Chmoded all the folders inside as well. And tried changing the cruft-free url just in case. Still 403.
    Crowds
    • CommentAuthorcrowds

Ahhhhh but what i didnt try was chmodding the actual images... Doh

What about the graphics files? any idea why they are not appearing ?

Crowds
    • CommentAuthorcrowds

I have just viewed the images via slide show and the missing .gif appeared...
    I was mistaken in thinking that the text that appears without slideshow on Next>> and <<previous were alt text for missing images.
    I refere to my statment in the previous post ...DOH!
    • CommentAuthorPatty
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2005

I have the same problem. The thing is the uploader CHMODs the image file as 600. It should be 644. Is there anyway to fix this? Cause it makes no sense having to go thru all pictures uploaded to change permission.

In my case, I'm using this otherwise very nice script on a clients site, so he can upload his own photos. He doesn't even know what a FTP client is, much less how to CHMOD tons of files!

Thanks for any help on this issue.
    • CommentAuthorphrabs
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2005 edited

I am having this type of problem. New to PHP and Plogger, so this question will show my ignorance. Just read a tutorial on chmod. I have my site posted on godaddy.com. Found the commands place where I can enter chmod information, but am unsure about how to enter the command to set the correct permission. The permission that shows for the /images/sub-directory and the ones below it is drwxr-xr-x. The individual jpg files show -rw-------

I appreciate any help/advice. Everything so far has worked perfectly in plogger, the first time I tried it, except this one thing. Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorPatty
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2005

Any help on this one? This is a very important issue. It doesn't make sense to have to CHMOD each file uploaded so it can show when the large thumbnail is clicked.
    ouchie! hello, developers?

I ran into this for the first time today, as I had been FTP images i large groups before. Using the form -- things don't go so well!
    • CommentAuthorcrowds
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2005 edited

Attributes should be set as -rw-r--r--
    this is chmod 644

sometimes you can tick boxes instead of entering numbers
    or R / W / Xsymbols this should be

Owner read:yes Write:yes Execute:No
    Group Read: yes Write:No Execute:No
    Public Read:yes Write:No Execute:No

If you Chmod via ftp you can normaly select all the files in a folder
    and chmod them in one go.

Crowds
    Thanks, crowds!

However, the problem is not that I can't chmod the directories, but that if I install Plogger for a client, that THEY cannot chmod the directories, nor will I have time to do this everytime they create a new album. And they are NOT going to have ftp or root access on their own.

Plus, it's a little silly to upload something via Plogger, and then have to access the site another way, as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthoranti
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2005

I tried a few times but couldn't reproduce the problem, so obviously I'm doing something differently.

Can any of you with that problem please do the following:
    1) Upload a picture with FTP to the Uploads directory
    2) Write down the permissions of that file after upload has completed
    3) Import the picture to Plogger
    4) Navigate to the images folder inside the Plogger directory
    5) Write down the permissions for the collection and album folders into which you imported the picture
    6) and write down the permissions of the picture file inside the album directory - that is the original image

I'm interested in those permissions are, please post them here.
    Sorry for the delay, Anti, but I checked the permissions.

Images that I've originally uploaded via FTP get

-rw-r--r--

but images uploaded via the internal import get

-rw------- and the lovely 403 error
    •  
      CommentAuthorCroila
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2005

Just thought I'd say ... I'm getting exactly the same thing happening, and it's rather a pest. Any fix for this would be absolutely great.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2005

The only thing I can think of is adding an explicit CHMOD statement to the end of the add_picture (in plog-admin-functions.php) function. Right after the line that generates the thumbnails, try adding something like:

chmod($picture_path, 755);

It's worth a try, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCroila
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2005 edited

Sorry to be so dim, but could you possibly let me know exactly which line that is? I'd like to try to fix this problem, but amn't hugely familiar with PHP. It would be great if someone could tell me precisely where to drop this chmod command in.

What I've tried so far is in the add_picture function, at the end of it:

$thumbpath = generate_thumb($picture_path, $result['picture_id'],'small');
    $thumbpath = generate_thumb($picture_path, $result['picture_id'],'large');
    chmod($picture_path, 755);
    return $result;

But I'm just totally guessing here, and anyway, it doesn't work. Probably me doing something wrong?

Many thanks
    Croila
    @puzzleGd
    Had a similar problem with original files not showing because of missing permissions.
    Your solution works great for me.
    Thanks

Donald
    •  
      CommentAuthorCroila
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2005

puzzleGD, thanks ever so much for your help, it's much appreciated. It works a treat now! I'm really pleased because I quite often want to upload pictures when I don't have FTP access, so it's great to know that the plogger "upload" functionality works properly now.

Thank you!
    Croila
    • CommentAuthorBugZ
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

I have the same problem, and have tried the above, but it dosn´t work.

Tried:
    else{chmod ($final_fqfn, 0644);}
    ...but my pics/ folders are not allowed to have the permissions 644..
    So tried to change the line to:
    else{chmod ($final_fqfn, 0744);}
    and:
    else{chmod ($final_fqfn, 0777);}
    Still dosn´t work. All pics uploaded from the admin system have the permissions 600, and i can change them to 777, then it works, but this i´m setting up for my dad, and he gets the creeps just hearing words like "ftp" ;-)

Please respond, i would like to get this running befor 20/11 as this is a birthday present to him.

Cheers

BugZ
    •  
      CommentAuthorCroila
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2005

Bugz, this is what I changed my plog-admin-functions.php to, lines 57-64 inc, as per PuzzleGD's instructions ...

// cannot use move_uploaded_file here, because plog-import uses the same function and
    // and doesn't deal with uploaded files
    //if (!move_uploaded_file($tmpname,$final_fqfn)) {
    if (!rename($tmpname,$final_fqfn)) {
    $result['errors'] .= 'Could not move file! ' . $tmpname .' to '.$final_fqfn;
    return $result;
    }
    else{chmod ($final_fqfn, 0644);} // add this code

I'm sorry, if yours doesn't work after this, I'm stumped - can't help you. Do hope you get it fixed though.
    • CommentAuthorBugZ
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2005

Croila, thanks for your ideas ;-) the trick was that all my foldes get the CHMOD 755, therefore i changed:
    else{chmod ($final_fqfn, 0644);} // add this code
    to:
    else{chmod ($final_fqfn, 0755);} // add this code
    ...and now it works...
    ahhhh the power of php and nice support !!!!

Cheers

BugZ
    • CommentAuthormcahill
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2005

The problem isn't permissions, it's ownership and group rights.

The script is setting the owner to www and the group to nothing. That means the rest of the program can't touch it, because it's got a different owner and group. Something like this, where you plug in your info for new_owner and new_group:

else{
    chmod ($final_fqfn, 0755);
    chown ($final_fqfn, new_owner);
    chgrp ($final_fqfn, new_group);
    } // add this code
    • CommentAuthorbronskimac
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2006 edited

I was getting a 403 Permission denied error on the large images and print pages. One of my colleagues gave me the answer of uploading a .htaccess file containing:

# BEGIN Plogger
    # END Plogger

I have no idea why this works, but it did the trick for me.
    I hope this help.

UPDATE
    Sorry this may be a red herring, I just realised it was a file permissions problem.