Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormonsoon
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2006

I've search the forum and noticed one other person had this issue.

A gallery I've put together (http://www.tristynlockyer.com/gallery) works fine in firefox, but gets the 404 errors most of the time in IE (6.0). Once in a while if I hit refresh it will come back and load properly.

I've noticed in the previous post about this problem, somebody pasted the header return with the keep-alive option. How do I find this out? Do I have to contact the hosting company?

Does it work normally for anybody else in IE?

Thanks

-Matt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCroila
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006

Same things happens to me in IE and for the life of me I can't figure out how to solve it.

I'd be interested to hear if you find a solution ...

Regards
    Croila
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006

It is evidently a problem with what IE perceives as a 404. In IE, if you turn off their "Friendly Error Messages", the page appears properly. This is all complicated by the fact that Firefox shows the page header response as "200 OK".

Does this happen only with cruft-free URLs, or with Plogger more generally?

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorashlyn
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2006 edited

I got 403 errors on the large image popup view (in both IE and Firefox) when I uploaded the images. It worked ok when I imported them though.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2006

Well, the 403's are permission problems. Chmod them to 777 or 755 and they should work alright.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthormonsoon

This happens with Plogger more generally. I did turn off the "Friendly Error Messages" and it does work fine, but obviously I'm not going to tell my users to do the same.

While visiting other plogger galleries, some work fine and other don't with IE. I'm thinking there's some setting that can be changed to allow IE to not 404 so quickly?

Thanks
    -Matt
    • CommentAuthormonsoon

It WORKS!

Looking around in the options in plogger, you need to turn off cruft-free URL's. (I should have read Derek's post above) I'm guessing that because those directories don't actually exist on the server (/galery/collection/album) IE errors out. Once I switch the url (index.php?level=collection&id=1) IE has no problems.

Hope this helps out people in the future.

Thanks for the suggestion Derek!

-Matt
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Glad to help; if the above is correct, this sound like it isn't a problem with Plogger specifically, but actually with Apache's mod_rewrite, which is translating the URL.

IE shouldn't ever know there is no directory, because Apache should serve the page as though the directory is there.

I may take a more thorough look at this, but for the moment I would suggest following Matt's lead and disabling cruft-free URLs.

Regards,
    Derek