Before You Upgrade
Before you upgrade your existing Plogger gallery to version 1.0-RC1, be sure you make a backup of all of your existing files via FTP and your MySQL database via phpMyAdmin, and save them in a folder on your computer.
If you have custom themes, translations, or third-party script files, make sure you back those up as well.
Upgrading from any previous version of Plogger to 1.0-RC1:
- Make a backup of all of your files via FTP and your database via your web hosting control panel and save them to your computer.
- Upload and overwrite ALL FILES except for plog-config.php.
Open your web browser and run the upgrade script located at:
- Your old plog-config.php file should continue to work, but there are new options available. See plog-config-sample.php for an example.
- If previously using Cruft-Free URLs, do not overwrite the .htaccess file. If you do, just login to Admin -> Options and save the options to recreate the .htaccess file.
- If you have modified one of the 3 themes included in the download, either rename the modified theme folder or do not upload the new theme folder.
The upgrade process is automated, and consists of 5 steps. Follow the instructions for each step, and fix any problems listed before proceeding to the next step.