Full Feature List
- Easy Install and Setup — Single step installation - no fussing with configuration files or server privileges (if allowed). Plogger contains a fully featured, secure administration system.
Plogger can be used as a stand-alone gallery or be dropped into your current site with no more
than three PHP statements. You can be up and running in less than five minutes.
- Easy Gallery Creation — You can upload photos one at a time from the web based administrative tool or
use an FTP connection to import your photos in groups. Plogger has two levels of organization, allowing you to organize your images efficiently and easily.
- Better International Support — Plogger now supports internationalization of the admin area through the GetText framework and will be available in many languages. Plogger also now supports better usage of the UTF-8 Character set in the storage engine.
- AJAX inline-editing — You can now edit descriptions and captions for any picture on-the-fly with our slick AJAX inline editors.
- Include from Anywhere — Now you can include Plogger from any directory or page on your website
- Upload Zip Files — Upload a zip file full of pictures and Plogger will automatically unpack and import them to your gallery
- Liquid Galleries — Since Plogger is implemented using CSS and XHTML lists, Plogger galleries will adapt and expand into any parent container. This is ideal for websites with a non-static liquid layout.
- Automatic Thumbnail Generation — Supports server side caching and high-quality true-color resampling. Thumbnails can be configured to be any size you choose from the options menu. Supports all major image formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF).
- EXIF auto-extract — When you upload your photos into the Plogger system, EXIF data is automatically
extracted from your file (if present) and added to the database. This allows users
to view what settings you used to take a photo. The details are automatically hidden
and users can choose if they want this information displayed.
- XHTML W3C Compliant — Plogger outputs properly formatted, fully validated XHTML. This allows the user to
configure the look of Plogger via the included style sheet. Your site will remain validated
- Mass Downloading — Viewers of your gallery can select and download several collections, albums, or pictures at
a time. The photos are recursively collected and zipped into an archive before being sent
to the viewer's browser.
- User Feedback — Plogger allows you to turn comments on or off for any specified image. Comments are displayed
publicly and add an element of community to your gallery.
- Cruft Free URL's — Plogger now supports cruft-free URI ’s through the use of Apache’s mod_rewrite module.
- File System Based Organization — All images put into your gallery are automatically sorted into a neat
- Selectable Thumbnails — You can now specify which image you want to be the representative thumbnails of your collections and albums. If you have no preference, Plogger will continue to automatically choose thumbnails for you.
- Improved Importing — You can upload pictures into the /uploads/ directory using individual folders filled with image. You can work with each folder seperately or all images at once through the new and improved import interface. The import feature also determines new album names based on your folder structure and naming.
- RSS support — Each level of organization can now generate it’s own RSS feed. You can subscribe to feeds for a single album, collection, or the entire gallery. Additionally, you can subscribe to a custom set of search terms to keep you updated on your chosen keywords.
- Remote Access — You can now remotely update your gallery from any piece of software that supports the Gallery Protocol.
- International Character Code Support — Plogger now uses UTF-8 for international usage.