Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjmetcalf
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2006 edited

Hey all, first of all thanks for the clean and simple to use software.
    I have been using Plogger to place photos of my newborn daughter so that out of state friends and family can enjoy her as much as her parents do ;).

Anyhow, Iâ??m not a fan of having family photos on the web for all to see, so I developed a basic frontend authentication system for Plogger that allows friends and family to register and login to see the photos that we upload.

The system currently only requires email verification, but it would be easy to change it to admin approval.

If anyone is interested in the code/how-to please let me know, I would be glad to share.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the code.

http://www.seekersedge.com/downloads/PloggerAuth.zip

Later,
    Josh
    • CommentAuthorjmetcalf
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2006

Sorry for the delay in response. You can see a demo at the following site.
    http://www.seekersedge.com/plogger_demo

I have not looked at the specifics of a per album authentication, but I suppose that it is possible. I can look into it if you wish.

I cleaned up my authentication code/integration to make it more user friendly, so it should be easy to implement. If you are interested in using the system, let me know and I will upload the source.

I am not a graphics artist so forgive the plain looking login/register pages.

I also integrated admin privilege into the authentication system, so you can create admin users who have access to the configuration/upload pages.
    • CommentAuthorthreefity
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2006

I would love to use this... email is - a4tos4@hotmail.com
    • CommentAuthorjmetcalf
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2006

I'll post a download shortly. I need to finish the install instructions.
    • CommentAuthorthreefity
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2007

Awesome, Thanks
    • CommentAuthorjmetcalf
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2007

Sorry it has taken longer than I expected due to other obligations. However, I finished cleaning up the source and added a few new features. I will be able to post the download by this weekend (or sooner).

On a side note, I had to modify a few of the original Plogger files, and I wanted to make sure that it was ok with the Plogger devs if I include these modified files with my download. So if any of the Plogger team is reading this, please reply and let me know if it would be ok.
    • CommentAuthorjmetcalf
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2007

I finally found time to finish it and upload the code. Sorry for the delay, life has been pretty busy lately.

http://www.seekersedge.com/downloads/PloggerAuth.zip

Let me know what you think.
    • CommentAuthorthreefity
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2007

Well when trying to import the PloggerUsers.sql file i get a SQL Syntax error on line 13.

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 13

Can anyone please help me and tell me waht is wrong here?

Thanks,

Matt
    • CommentAuthorthreefity
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2007

Anyone?
    • CommentAuthorjmetcalf
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2007

Let me get home tonight and look at it. Sounds like youâ??re not using the MyISAM engine.

You could try removing all of the "ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1" lines form the file. That should allow it to work. Make sure you leave the semi-colon ";".
    • CommentAuthorANKonkl
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010

Okay I know its been a long time since this chain has been live but I am hoping to get a hit. I need a user authentication and the file in the beginning of the chain no longer works. Anyone with updates?