Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2007 edited

Alright guys, here's the deal.

I really want to get this release out to the public as soon as possible. Myself and several other contributers worked really hard to completely revamp the Plogger codebase, update the UI, add a built-in XML service, AJAX inline editing of captions, integrated language localization, a complete theme engine and a bunch of other small features like comment moderation, improved install process, and picture descriptions.

With that said, it is not quite ready to go. I need your guys' help. I have been so busy the last year or so with a couple of startup companies that I haven't been able to dedicate any time to this project. I'm surprised that so many people are still using beta2 even though the code is almost 2 years old.

I need to few people to test the hell out of this new version. I think that the theme builder API also needs quite a bit of testing. The problem is that none of this stuff is documented, so you will have to figure it out yourself with minimal guidance. I think the theme building stuff is quite self explanatory. Just open up some of theme files for the other included themes and you will understand right away. All the available theme functions are also located in the plog-functions.php file. Also, if someone feels like writing a small "how-to" guide for creating themes, I will publish it to the website documentation section. I think that is really important to have before release.

So, I've packaged the latest SVN version into a sort of prerelease for the kind souls who care to help me get this thing out the door.

Download Beta 3 Pre-Release here.
    It's released! Download Beta 3 here.

Run _install.php to get it going. _upgrade.php to upgrade from an old version (don't overwrite plog-config.php when uploading if you go this route). I suggest a new installation on a test directory in a test database so you don't go ruining your nice galleries.

As a side-effect to this pre-release testing, I am hoping to get a few themes and language localizations together to release with the official package. For those of you who are up to it, create your best possible theme and send me a link to it in this thread. The best ones will be included with the next official release. I've already seen a couple on this forum that I would include in a second (a wedding one comes to mind...). There are a few poorly put together themes in this pre-release package that you can use as reference, but I am hoping to have 4-5 solid themes to include with the release.

I also need language translations, so once you download the pre-release, go to http://dev.plogger.org/wiki/TranslatingPlogger and figure out how to make POT files for your language. Also, I haven't tested the language localization myself but Anti assures me that it is working =)

Post all the problems, themes, and translations you find/create in this thread! Let's get Plogger out the door! I will update the pre-release file as I fix problems in the package until I feel it is ready.

You can also contact me through email, I can't guarantee a timely response but my email address is mike at plogger.org.
    Thankful People: Ben
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2007

I'll start this off.

No theme appears to be activated when you first Install Plogger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorryanduff
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2007

I'm not sure what we have as minimum requirements, but I can say that I've had it running on PHP 4.3.9 and it's currently on 5.1.x. I haven't tested it on the 5.2 branch of PHP as of yet.

I've also had it running on MySQL 4.x and 5.x.
    • CommentAuthorploglodyte

I tried the prev beta, the install failed, I posted a thread here two weeks ago re that and only heard back from another person that had the same issue. Any chance the beta 3 release fixes it?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

There was a problem with the install that I fixed last night, give it another try.
    • CommentAuthorAndromeda
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2007 edited

When I import pictures from upload option, appear this msg:

"Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /.../.../.../.../admin/plog-admin-functions.php on line 100"

and... "Line 100" says:

@unlink($tmpname);
    $res = chmod($final_fqfn, 0755);

Any suggestion? :)
    • CommentAuthorandros69
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2007

Hi Mike, nice to see there's still some life to this. A couple weeks ago I posted a couple issues I found with Beta 3 and some comments, I'll summarize here in case it helps:

Checkboxes (for downloading pics) didn't work in my installation
    In my installition the checkboxes or download button weren't appearing in any of the themes that came with it. Of course my theme wasn't working either.

Themes
    I don't know, you may be referring to my theme that I've started to create for my wife and I's website. Right now there are only some sample pics there to test it out, and there are a number of pages still needing to be created. Once I finish it, i may create a modified version (I've removed a number of things that I don't need) and post it somewhere for download. You can see the work in progress here:
    http://andresyalison.com/photos/

A little tip
    I just thought I share a little tip, which is a crude hack as well, but may hint at an idea.

Since it's still a development version I didn't want to modify the gallery files to do my customization since there's still plenty HTML code in the functions, so I created a php file for my own version of the functions and placed it in the theme folder.

I simply copied the functions I needed from the plog-functions.php file and modified the formatting parts of them so they would fit with my design. Including them in the header.php file propagates them through the rest of the files.

An approach like this one, but done better and by design, would give much more flexibility to those customizing without having to modify the core gallery files, allowing you tow easily switch themes.

Thought I share.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBen

andros

maybe you should reset your preferences to switch on checkboxes and or look at your theme files and make sure that something like this:

print plogger_download_checkbox(plogger_get_picture_id());

exists in those files. Currently in my own plogger 3 beta rev 431 the checkboxes do work.
    • CommentAuthorandros69

Ben, I feel stupid, i didn't realize I didn't have that option enabled in the Options page. Thanks!

Now I get an error message (in all themes):

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/andresyalison/www/photos/plog-functions.php on line 424

SELECT * FROM `plogger_pictures` WHERE `id`='49'

In file: /photos/plog-download.php

On line: 287
    • CommentAuthorzncjmom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2007

on version 2.1 and version 3 beta in seperate install folders I cannot import any photos I get "internal error, please try again later" i have chmod everything i could think of to give permission, is anyone else out there having this issue??
    this is good news :) cheers to the beta 3 !!!
    so after uploading everything to server i went to update my plog and got this :

Performing Upgrade...

Upgrading database structure (plogger_config)...

* Adding new field disabled to database.
    * Adding new field gallery_url to database.
    * Adding new field feed_num_entries to database.
    * Adding new field feed_title to database.
    * Adding new field feed_language to database.
    * Adding new field use_mod_rewrite to database.
    * Adding new field default_sortdir to database.
    * Adding new field default_sortby to database.
    * Adding new field admin_email to database.
    * Adding new field allow_fullpic to database.
    * Adding new field comments_notify to database.
    * Adding new field comments_moderate to database.
    * Adding new field square_thumbs to database.
    * Adding new field thumbnail_id to database.
    * Adding new field thumbnail_id to database.
    * Adding new field path to database.
    * Adding new field path to database.
    * Adding new field ip to database.
    * Adding new field approved to database.
    * Adding new field description to database.
    * Adding new field theme_dir to database.
    * Adding new field album_sortby to database.
    * Adding new field album_sortdir to database.
    * Adding new field collection_sortby to database.
    * Adding new field collection_sortdir to database.
    * Adding new field enable_thumb_nav to database.
    * Adding new field thumb_nav_range to database.
    * Setting default theme directory to web/plogger/themes/default/

Reorganizing your images folder...Access denied for user 'httpd'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

SELECT id,name FROM plogger_collections

and nothing more, there is no message saying for exemple, everything went fine, now you can login.

then i tryed to login and got this :

Table 'buzzworkerscom2.plogger_thumbnail_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM `plogger_thumbnail_config`

ps: this is not from a fresh install, it's by updating from beta2

any help would be very good, thanks in advance !

Ben b.
    it's two years old, but geez i love this galery project and would like to see it alive and kickin !!!
    Same bug has another user ahead :
    when i import some pictures from a folder to a category i got this :

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in //web/plogger/admin/plog-admin-functions.php on line 100

but then everything is fine, import seems to work a lot better (without hacks etc..then previous beta version) so this is good news :)

also there is a bug when clicking on the rss feed, you can see it for yourself
    going here : http://www.buzzworkers.com/plogger/feed/
    • CommentAuthorzncjmom
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2007

Okay, my import problem went away. Turns out my server error really meant the images were just too big. No way I could really tell. Will keep testing with the version 3.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming. I will update the pre-release as I integrate some fixes. Also, note that you can do a fresh install of Plogger without overwriting or upgrading your Beta2 installation by changing the "TABLE_PREFIX" variable in the source code. It is set to "plogger_" right now, so all your tables will be created as "plogger_albums", "plogger_collections", etc. If you change it, new tables will be created so that Beta3 and Beta2 can be used within the same database.
    • CommentAuthorMurdock

I'm just doing the german Translation . I have 1/3 of the file finished now. If someone have the file still ready and is about to send it to Mike, please let me know so I could stop the work on it

thanx
    • CommentAuthorGremi0

This is the error i get at first login after i run _install

SELECT * FROM `plogger_config`
    In file: /putnam/gallery/admin/plog-upload.php
    On line: 17
    • CommentAuthorardamis
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2007

Beta 3 works pretty well for me, but the "download selected" function is flaky. Sometimes it fails outright, sometimes it creates an empty zip file. I'll see what I can do to pin down specifics.

I've found and corrected a number of issues in plog-functions.php that were preventing validation. I'm not sure if it's too soon to be worried about that.

I also have a theme to submit for consideration. It's pretty solid in Firefox and IE6+.

You can find the theme, which includes the modified plog-functions.php and a list of changes thereto at:

http://www.ardamis.com/2007/01/22/plogger-beta-3-theme-softer/

I'm glad to see the final push for a release.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2007

Ardamis, theme looks great!

I have a few general comments about themes in general that may guide people a bit.

First of all, in my mind there are two types of themes. Standalone themes and integrated themes. A standalone theme is great for someone who uses Plogger for their entire website. It generally looks great all by itself. An integrated theme is one that will look good in embedded into any website. This is like the default theme, as Plogger is really designed to be wedged into your current site. An integrated theme shouldn't mess with background colors, fonts, or anything else that would be inherited from the styles of the site which it is embedded in.

If you do create custom PHP functions for your theme, DO NOT modify the core plog-functions.php file. Plogger doesn't treat this file as a modular component like the separate theme files. Instead, simply create a custom file (name it whatever you want) and pull it into your theme head.php or header.php file using a require_once or include statement. This will keep your custom theme portable and allow us to upgrade the Plogger core without messing with your theme.

Ardamis, keep up the good work on the themes. If you get into the code and find the solution to some problems, feel free to send me the code via Email and I will commit the changes to the repository. This goes for anyone currently looking at the pre-release. Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2007

Just curious if the template tags will make it in the upcoming version? You know, something like wp-list-archives (within WordPress) but in this case for the albums. This way the sidebar with links to 'categories' can be replaced by 'albums' in the Plogger template, perhaps even with nested lists?

Perhaps unnecessary because Plogger already has the jump-menu and breadcrumbs...
    • CommentAuthorpivwan
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2007

Hi,

i started to translate the pot into french. After upload, it seems that some of the strings aren't being translated and some are double translated (one ":" as difference)

How can we improve this?
    Installed version 2 and it was working well. Thought I would give the Beta 3 a whirl. I am being hosted on Windows based servers. On Beta 3 import, when I click the directory to import and it starts to generate the thumbnails, I start to receive these errors:

Failed: setSourceFilename(D:Domainsgloriadeikids.orgwwwrootplogger3alphauploads/gloria_dei_kids/2006_4th_grade_wheat_planting/2005_189.jpg) set $this->sourceFilename to "D:Domainsgloriadeikids.orgwwwrootplogger3alphauploads/gloria_dei_kids/2006_4th_grade_wheat_planting/2005_189.jpg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 216 $AvailableImageOutputFormats = array(text;wbmp;gif;png;jpeg) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 636 $this->thumbnailFormat set to $this->config_output_format "jpeg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 646 $this->thumbnailQuality set to "75" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 663 !$this->config_allow_src_above_docroot therefore setting "D:/Domains/gloriadeikids.org/wwwroot/plogger3alpha/uploads/gloria_dei_kids/2006_4th_grade_wheat_planting/2005_189.jpg" to null in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 790 $this->sourceFilename set to "" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 587 phpThumb() v1.6.2-200511240855 "" does not exist $this->config_cache_directory () is not a directory in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 704 SetCacheFilename() failed because $this->config_cache_directory is empty in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1986 GetImageSize("") failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1869 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because cannot find convert in $this->config_imagemagick_path (), and `which convert` returned () in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 830 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() aborting because ImageMagickCommandlineBase() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 923 ImageMagickThumbnailToGD() failed in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1876 exif_thumbnail() does not exist, cannot extract EXIF thumbnail in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1920 starting SourceImageToGD() in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2073 Not using EXIF thumbnail data because $this->config_use_exif_thumbnail_for_speed is FALSE in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2076 Populating $this->rawImageData and attempting ImageCreateFromStringReplacement() in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 2182 phpThumb() v1.6.2-200511240855 cannot fopen("") on line 2195 of D:Domainsgloriadeikids.orgwwwrootplogger3alphalibphpthumbphpthumb.class.phpPHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(C:WINDOWSTEMP\sess_i88kr5gkcble998jjfop9ha426, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in D:Domainsgloriadeikids.orgwwwrootplogger3alphaplog-globals.php on line 18

I did make one change to the globals file, and that was to change the name of the database it uses so I could use version 2 and version 3 at the same time.

Any thoughts?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2007

Pivwan, can you email me your French POT file? mike at plogger.org. I will check it out.
    • CommentAuthorchazlarson
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2007

New install of b3 about an hour ago. New database, but same server as a working 2 install.

Seems good for the most part.

Good things:
    images with more than one '.' in the name work now [aw, that eliminated the fix I was going to submit ;)]
    the images that failed mysteriously [internal server error] in 2 now import fine

Bad things:
    only one: I get the same error on trying to use the "download selected" as andros69 above:

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /foo/bar/baz/plog-functions.php on line 424

SELECT * FROM `plogger_albums` WHERE `id`='4'

In file: /plog-download.php

On line: 257

This feature works on plogger2 on the same server. I'll post more details if I can find any.
    • CommentAuthorAi
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2007

Hello mike, hello forum
    I think i found a bug.
    When you set the maximum number of thumbnails to display to something very low (like 3) the number of collections is affected.
    And when you click on the second page or "next" to view the other collections it generates a malformed url:
    "...../&plog_page=2"
    it works with pictures in albums:
    "...../?level=album&id=1&plog_page=2"

It has probably something to do with function generate_pagination
    in plog-functions.php but i'm not sure.
    I don't have the skills to fix that. Can someone help me.
    Thank you.
    I just tried the upgrade and ran in to one of the issues mentioned earlier in this thread:

1. buzzworkers reported that the upgrade stopped at the last line quoted below
    <quote>* Adding new field collection_sortdir to database.
    * Adding new field enable_thumb_nav to database.
    * Adding new field thumb_nav_range to database.
    * Setting default theme directory to web/plogger/themes/default/

Reorganizing your images folder...Access denied for user 'httpd'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

</quote>

I'm not familiar with the authentication/authorization for the db so it may be an easy answer but I thought I would post it anyway.
    • CommentAuthorBouley86
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2007

I'm having the same problem as someone else. Here's what I'm getting:

Upgrading database structure (plogger_config)...

Adding new field disabled to database.
    Adding new field gallery_url to database.
    Adding new field feed_num_entries to database.
    Adding new field feed_title to database.
    Adding new field feed_language to database.
    Adding new field use_mod_rewrite to database.
    Adding new field default_sortdir to database.
    Adding new field default_sortby to database.
    Adding new field admin_email to database.
    Adding new field allow_fullpic to database.
    Adding new field comments_notify to database.
    Adding new field comments_moderate to database.
    Adding new field square_thumbs to database.
    Adding new field thumbnail_id to database.
    Adding new field thumbnail_id to database.
    Adding new field path to database.
    Adding new field path to database.
    Adding new field ip to database.
    Adding new field approved to database.
    Adding new field description to database.
    Adding new field theme_dir to database.
    Adding new field album_sortby to database.
    Adding new field album_sortdir to database.
    Adding new field collection_sortby to database.
    Adding new field collection_sortdir to database.
    Adding new field enable_thumb_nav to database.
    Adding new field thumb_nav_range to database.
    Setting default theme directory to /usr/home/sites/www.bouley86.com/web/photos/themes/default/
    Reorganizing your images folder...Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Any thoughts anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2007

Oops, there is a bug in the _upgrade script. I am looking at it now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2007 edited

I suppose connecting to the database would help the upgrade script work =/

Add to Line 107-108

include("plog-functions.php");
    include("plog-globals.php");
    <span style="color: green; font-weight: bold">include("plog-load_config.php");</span>
    <span style="color: green; font-weight: bold">connect_db();</span>
    $errors = "";

Or just redownload the package in the first message, I reuploaded it.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2007

Ok, fixed the problem with the plog-download.php stuff for creating zip files on the fly. Same problem, database connection stuff was missing. Pre-release package updated.
    • CommentAuthorBouley86
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2007

Now a new problem has come up. (The upgrade files works fine now). But here's what I'm getting when I try to login to my admin:

In file: /admin/plog-upload.php

•  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2007

Does your plogger_config table exist in the database?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Also, try re-uploading the files you are getting this error on, perhaps there is a partially uploaded file? I don't know, I can't recreate this.
    • CommentAuthorBouley86

plogger_config is there and I've reuploaded the files a few different times
    • CommentAuthorBouley86

I should also mention. This is an upgrade from my old gallery. I tried doing a seperate install of 3 before I tried the upgrade and I had no problems with that at all.
    • CommentAuthorandros69

Glad to see things are moving along!

I'm having some problems with the comments. I'm able to add comments to photos just fine, but cannot delete them through the Admin.

Either through selecting all the comments with the checkboxes or deleting them individually with the "X" icon, it submits but does nothing.
    • CommentAuthorGremi0

thats the same problem I have been posting about in another thread.. seems to be an issue if you had v2 previously installed.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2007

Ok, I highly suggest not trying to use the upgrade at this point. There are some major problems we are looking at. Do a fresh install on a new database for testing.
    • CommentAuthorBouley86
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2007

Here's another question (this is on a different, fresh install of 3)

When I add collections is does not CHMOD the folder to 777 then will not let me create an albums because it's unable to add directories. Also, if I create the folder first and CHMOD it, then add the collecion it will let me create an album but then will not let me upload pictures to that album as it also wasnt CHMODed to 777 when it was created. Thoughts? Could this just be my server giving me problems cuz it sucks?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2007

Upgrade should be fixed, latest changes updated in pre-release package.

Bouley, are you running with SAFE_MODE on?
    • CommentAuthorBouley86

So on the plogger I'm trying to upgrade, when I run the install I get:

Unknown column 'max_thumbnail_size' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO `plogger_config` (`theme_dir`, `compression`, `max_thumbnail_size`, `max_display_size`, `thumb_num`, `admin_username`, `admin_email`, `admin_password`, `date_format`, `feed_title`, `gallery_name`, `gallery_url`) VALUES ('/usr/home/sites/www.bouley86.com/web/photos/themes/default/', 75, 100, 500, 20, 'admin', 'murdock.daniel@gmail.com', MD5('9gwdu'), 'n.j.Y', 'Plogger Photo Feed', 'Photos', 'http://photos.bouley86.com/')

And then when I try to login to the admin after doing the upgrade I still get:

In file: /admin/plog-upload.php

As for the new install, I have no idea if SAFE_MODE is on...
    • CommentAuthorandros69

A couple days ago I posted a problem of not being able to delete comments. Is there a fix for this?
    • CommentAuthorandros69
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2007 edited

In the admin, when I click on the edit icon for an album (to choose the default thumbnail, for example) I get the following error:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for generate_thumb() in /home/andresyalison/www/photos/plog-functions.php on line 430

This error appears repeated as many times as there are photos in the album.

Editing the album still works as expected, the errors just get displayed at the top of the page.
    • CommentAuthorandros69
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2007 edited

BTW, here is my finished (still testing it) gallery using version 3!
    http://andresyalison.com/photos/

You can see how all the hard work in version 3 is making theme creation a lot easier than v2. Kudos to all the developers that worked so hard in making this latest version, you guys rock!

That said, I've done a number of customizations beyond what v3 can do:

• The templates for each view (collections, collection, album) is distinctly different, using different size thumbnails and extracting photo content in different ways.

• Thumbnails are now cropped using a different aspect ratio as opposed to the square crop (had to manually override some parameters in the plog_functions.php file). This, BTW, should be an option in the admin screen in my opinion (to set a custom hight/width for cropped thumbnails, not just width).

• I created my own set of duplicate plog_functions.php functions in a new file to manipulate some html code that's still embedded in the main script files. This file lives in my theme folder and I invoke it in the headder.php. This way it keeps me from modifying the main file, and risking screwing with functionality that other themes would need, as well as making upgrades a lot easier.

• I've disabled functionality that I don't need (search, slideshow, etc)

There are a number of stylistic and usability tweaks I want to make, as well as cleaning up my HTML/CSS code which is a bit of a mess. But it's getting there!

My next step will be to install wordpress to manage my homepage/blog area and integrate the two with the plugin for wordpress/plogger (http://www.livingos.com/?page_id=31). BTW, anybody know if the plugin works with v3?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Andros, thank you for all your testing! I will fix those problems as soon as possible.

BTW, what you have done with Plogger3 is simply beautiful, congratulations =) Would be an honor to include it as a theme in the official release (if you can get it done on time! ;)
    • CommentAuthorandros69
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2007

Mike,

Thanks it was fun creating this template (not without it's headaches ;)

I actually want to make a generic theme based on this to share, but I need to do some debugging first and consider adding back some of the functionality I cut out (for people who use those things).

Not sure when we'll have the official release of v3, but I may be able to do in in a few weeks (slammed at work and expecting a baby leaves little time!).

If not, I still want to do it, even if it's for people to download after the fact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoshb
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2007

I just downloaded the alpha from http://plogger.org/source/plogger3alpha.zip (linked from Mike's post 6 days ago). When I try to run through the initial setup process, something goes wrong.

Specifically, I'm starting with a completely fresh setup - new directory, new database, etc. I go to _install.php and enter in my database/user info, then click Install. I'm told that setup is now complete, and get my admin password. However, when I click the 'Proceed' button, I get the following error page:

Notice: Undefined index: PATH_TRANSLATED in /home/burnetts/public_html/plogger/plog-load_config.php on line 34

Notice: Undefined index: PATH_TRANSLATED in /home/burnetts/public_html/plogger/plog-load_config.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/burnetts/public_html/plogger/plog-load_config.php:34) in /home/burnetts/public_html/plogger/_install.php on line 27

I also notice that I am unable to use the admin password (that _install.php gave me) to login to the /admin directory.

In case it matters, my server is running PHP 4.4.1 and MySQL 4.1.21-standard, on CentOS w/ a cPanel setup.
    • CommentAuthorandros69
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2007

Mike, do you need us to focus on any specific area where there may be bugs to uncover? I'm not enough of a coder to help you solve problems, but I can try out stuff to see if it works or not...
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2007

Andros, I guess everything needs to be checked, but most importantly the theme stuff. Also, it's nice to have a lot of different people test it out because we often have problems on particular web server configurations that are hard for us to reproduce. I am really just looking for major problems right now, as it will be impossible to get it perfect at this point.

The latest version has been uploaded (same link above) to include the fix for the comment deletion/approval bug.
    • CommentAuthorandros69
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2007 edited

Thanks Mike, for following up on all this stuff. I'll keep checking to see what I find. Ok, I did find two things:

RSS Feed is not working in any theme, I get the following error:

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element Location: http://andresyalison.com/photos/feed/ Line Number 2, Column 1:<b>Warning</b>: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in <b>/home/andresyalison/www/photos/plog-functions.php</b> on line <b>896</b><br />

The second thing that's sort of been driving me a little crazy is that the thumbnail sort order in the Option tab in the Admin doesn't seem to do anything. Can't figure it out. No matter what combination of it I do.