Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Urhm,is there any way to retrive the admin's password? I forgot mine and I cant login now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2005

You will have to change it manually in your database. Use PHPMyAdmin or another database management product from your ISP control panel. The password is stored in the field "password" within "plogger_config".

It's not stored plaintext, so you will have to run the MD5 function on whatever plaintext password you enter. In PHPMyAdmin, just select MD5 from the function dropdown.
    thanks! it worked.
    • CommentAuthorsjtodd
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2006

Mike-I'm new to SQL and am still learning a lot. I am abroad right now and using my laptop which I do not have my plogger password stored in. Can you walk me through the steps on how to change the username and password through PHPMyAdmin? I can access the database, and I've found "plogger_config," but from there I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2006

Ok, you're almost there just follow these steps:

• Open PHPAdmin in your browser

• Click on "plog_config" in the table list

• Click the "browse" tab at the top of the right hand frame

• There should be one record, click the "pencil" in the first column of the record table to edit that record

• Your password is in "admin_password" and your username is in "admin_username". Notice that your password is a MD5 hash (ex: b02a961ed8a02a25ab783e48b79865f0), it is stored that way for security reasons. In order to create a new password, you need to replace that hash with another one. PHPAdmin has a built in password hasher, so simply type your new password in plaintext (ex: "password"), and in that dropdown box in the function column, select MD5.

• Save it, try logging into your installation again

Thankful People: sergeglass
    • CommentAuthorsjtodd
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2006

Thank you sooo much! It worked flawlessley. I love PLOGGER!
    • CommentAuthormholzer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2007

I just wanted to chime in to thank Mike above for the directions on resetting my plogger password via phpMyAdmin.
    • CommentAuthordjdedo
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008

I love you, worked great
    too bad google doesn't turn up this forum
    • CommentAuthordean
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2008

thanx man.. it worked for me... thanx again..
    Any options for people who don't have phpmyadmin?
    My password didn't get emailed to me. I've checked junk mails etc. But I haven't got them
    • CommentAuthora2plogger
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009

thanks for the steps mike
    • CommentAuthormhuizenga
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

So I followed the instructions here - it worked once, but then I forgot again and had to do it again. Now I can't get it to work - other thoughts?

Thanks
    • CommentAuthormhuizenga

one other thought - the instructions say "There should be one record, click the "pencil" in the first column of the record table to edit that record". I have two. In the first there are zeros for the size and the user name and password are both MD5 hash. Maybe this is the problem?
    • CommentAuthormhuizenga

that fixed it! I deleted the other record. Thanks
    • CommentAuthorLowelG
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009

After Install is finished an admin password is automatically generated. Nice feature, but the password that is generated never works. I had to come here and find out what to do. Thanks to "Mike" I found a way to change my password through MySql admin. Worked just as described and now I have access to one very nice piece of website software! Thanks goes out to all those involved in the creation of this great software! Thanks All!

LowelG
    • CommentAuthorsergeglass
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009

Mike, thanks a bunch! I had two records with the same password gibberish. Deleted one record and all is well again.