Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoraldroid
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2005 edited

Hi, I'm testing out plogger on a machine with IIS/mysql. Install went smoothly, but when I try to create a collection, the following error occurs:

Could not create directory C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\unitbreed\plogger//images/test!

Not sure where I'd tell it to create \images\test rather than //images/test. Any ideas?
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2005

Forward slashes should be fine; at least, I know they are for Apache, but IIS is a different animal.

Anyhow, make sure /plogger and /plogger/images have the right permissions for Plogger to write to them, otherwise this would be expected. Try to CHMOD the folders to make them writable. Sorry if that seems obvious, but it's a good place to start.

Also, when you install Plogger, take off the trailing slash. Tell it your installation is at "www.myserver.com/plogger" instead of "www.myserver.com/plogger/", so that you lose that extra slash above, because that is another thing you seem to have in common.

m19gibbs52: You're getting an error on C: in Linux? Has the world gone mad? Also, safe mode shouldn't be the problem; it's obviously trying to create the directory, so the PHP looks to be working alright.

HTH,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2006

Did I actually write, "safe mode shouldn't be the problem"? I'm an idiot. ;)

As for where to specify it, Plogger itself determines where it's installed. I don't have Beta 2 to check, but look for $_SERVER variables; I believe that's where we get it from.

Jesse, make sure safe_mode is off, and that you chmod any directories to be written with 777.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2006

Ah. If it's XP Pro or NT/2K, you should be able to at least make sure the permissions allow "everyone" access to the necessary directories.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorhbala
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2006

I also have this problem(Could not create directory!) in the beta2
    it is not seem the permision problem please help me!
    (Redhat Linux ES/ Php v4.3.9/Apache)