Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCroila
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2005

My Wordpress site has several themes, but unfortunately I can only use one with Plogger. On my main theme, I have a link to "photos" which points to plogger/index.php.

I was wondering if it's possible to have different versions of plogger/index.php? Like, could you have plogger/index1.php, plogger/index2.php, plogger/index3.php etc, all running from the same Plogger installation?

Although I can do extremely basic hacks to PHP, I'm not able to figure this one out by myself so any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Croila
    • CommentAuthorclarisse
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2005

i'd like to know if this is possible too. :)
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2005

Something like that is what Anti has been working at (I think), although I really don't understand what people want with all those styles. Personally I think it's annoying, except when used for small differences in pagelayout. I've seen sites that give you a random layout for each visit. :(. But why?

Ahum, I only wanted to say that something like theming (for those who want it) will be possible at some time.
    •  
      CommentAuthoranti
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2005

Croila: it's not simple with the current code but could probably be done.

Jack: Why themes? For me the most important reason to implement them is that people are actively customizing their Ploggers by editing the HTML, which is just fine. But as soon as they upgrade to next version, they will lose those changes.

Having themes solves that problem, because then anyone can create their own theme, edit it to their heart's content and still upgrade safely.