Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrjupiter
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2005

Well I got plogger almost looking the way I want on my site but that is when I noticed something odd. In all the other sites that I have looked at the thumbs on the main page of the gallery all line up horizontally but for some reason with mine they all line up vertically and I can't get it to stop. I am thinking it has to do with my site (they way I worked it up) but I can't seem to figure out how or why. I would really apprecaute any help.
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2005

My guess it that your original sites css is interfering with the float of images plogger has.
    In other words in your original css you probably have your 'li' elements or your images set to display:block;
    • CommentAuthorrjupiter
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2005 edited

I do have an li element for my text nav but it is set to inline.

http://www.22lies.com/plogger/
    • CommentAuthorpuk

Quick question, you integrated plogger well, looks neat! Did you limit the height of the final images by just using the width attribute? or did you do something to make the height fit. Just wonderin as the integration within my site is sorted other than when there is a large image, it throws out the div's.
    • CommentAuthorrjupiter

I adjusted the width (for the final image) with plogger itself under the options.
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2005

Try setting the <li> to display:block; float:left; to see if that helps...
    • CommentAuthorrjupiter
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2005 edited

I got it to work some what but am having problems with there noting being any spaces between thumbs like from first row to second etc.. and it won't got to the left all the way I want.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

Wow, interesting & gorgeous site design. Here are some changes to your css to achieve the effect you wanted.

#gallery{
    margin-left:-30px; /* moved to the left */
    position: relative;
    width: 500px;
    height: 400px;
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    color: #ffffff;
    }

.slides li {
    margin-bottom: 20px; /* added spacing to the bottom of the thumbnails, I think that's what you wanted */
    }

But there's some inline css keeping me from playing with the styles too much in Firefox (the webdev plugin allows you to play with the css of a given page).

If you'd like some help, I'd happily offer it via email [derek@automatamedia.com], or you can ask on CSS-Discuss <http://css-discuss.incutio.com>, which is an absolutely fantastic resource.

Best of luck,
    Derek