Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBigEye
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2005

I have uploaded all the files and can access the _install.php page. When I input all of my data (yes, I did manually create the database) and hit the install button nothing happens. All I see is a blank page. I am running this on Windows 2003 server; PHP 5 and MYSQL 5.0A Alpha. Any suggestions??
    • CommentAuthorTheBigEye

Here's a little more info: I thought that maybe the config file was not getting populated. I tried to delete the file, but then found out that it wasn't being recreated. I then manually inputed my database information and now I get an error like this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in D:photoblogplog-functions.php on line 7
    • CommentAuthorddejong

mysql_connect() being undefined means that it is not loading the mysql library.

There may be several reasons why. The most likely is that you're running the mysqli, in which case the command would be mysqli_connect(). Either that, or despite being enabled in the configuration, mysql is not loading. This may be (as I mentioned in another post), that PHP is not reading the configuration file. If it wasn't, you wouldn't know, because PHP loads with defaults, it doesn't quit or warn as you might hope.

Run phpinfo() and take a look at what extension is installed for mysql. If it's mysqli, you'll either have to remove it and instead install the mysql extension, or change the database calls in plogger to instead use mysqli.

If all that doesn't help, comment here and I'm sure there are more solutions which could be thought up.