Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkanjigirl
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2005

I've heard good things about Plogger... A question: can Plogger be configured so that one sees the selected photo large on the left side of a page and thumbnails to the other photos in the Album in a grid on the right side?

Something like this:

http://www.webreference.com/programming/css_gallery/examples/gallery.htm

I can do this easily in CSS but my client would like to be able to administer the site. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorpeanut
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2005

That is really cool! I would be very interested to see if a css gallery like that can be made dynamic (ie. create collections, upload photos, php to generate output etc.) Any1 have any ideas?
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

First, the thumbnails with a different aspect ratio would be a pain, however, it is possible, if you cropped. Stu used images all with a pre-defined ratio, but you can't assume that your client will upload images of one specific type or in any particular order. Using square thumbnails would make life a lot easier.

Second, no. It can't presently be "configured" to do that. Yet, it's still entirely feasible. It would just require editing the album view to generate the markup, then using the CSS to display each image individually with a pseudo-class, like the article. Shouldn't be too hard, but it would take some tinkering to get it right.

Good luck,
    Derek