Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorFaken
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2005 edited

Hi all,

I am having a very strange issue when I have a row of 4 available albums within a collection category. The Collection listing and the thumbnail listing within an album does NOT have this issue, but yet when looking at the albums listing, boom it's there.

Example:

http://www.mytoycollection.com/gallery/index.php?level=collection&id=2

Yet if I delete the 4th album, it all aligns properly.

I have already deleted the fourth entry and re-entered it and it does the same thing. If I add a 5th item and it starts a second row, it's still messed up. I have changed all the album names to 1 letter names and it's still doing it.

This is a page in progress so I am still cleaning up the code from my mods, but it boggles my mind why the collections view and thumbnails list works fine, yet the albums view is messed up.

Been at this for 2 days :( Please Help!

Dan (aka Faken)

*EDIT - Here's another collection category with 5 albums in it that I just set up. You can see it happening here too:

http://www.mytoycollection.com/gallery/index.php?level=collection&id=3

*** EDIT AGAIN - I just had a friend of mine look over the source code and he found the issue right away, but not the resolution. He says there is a problem with the PHP output on the generated page for the album listing that is not on the thumbnail listing or the collection listing. Basically the PHP is outputting a bunch of spaces between the tags that is messing things up. He thought I should mention this to help you guys out. Personally, I'm totally confused lol!
    • CommentAuthorFaken
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2005

Just another note... I was looking in the "Nice implementation" thread and I found a plogger with the exact same issue I am having. Check out http://www.mckellars.net/pics/travel and the last image on the top row has the weird spacing under it for the name.

Damn this vexing :(

Dan
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

This is not the PHP, it's the CSS.

Remove this line:
    "margin:0 10px 10px 0;"
    from the .slides li rule. This removes the side margins from the thumbnails and allows the extra photo on the line.

I think that's what you mean. If not, reply, and I'll see if I can't figure out what you mean.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorFaken

Hi Derek,

You hit the nail on the head bud! My coding experience leaves much to be desired, but I suspected it was somewhere in the CSS, but I'll be darned if I could find it ;) Thanks so much for your help.

Now, if I could just figure out why I have the CSS set to:

#search_box {
    margin-left: 5px;
    float: left;
    }

Yet it still stays on the right :( I'll be having fun tonight I guess when I work on it again :)

Thanks again for you response! I really love this photo blog... it's easily the best out of several choices I've been playing with over the last few weeks.

Dan
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Well, in your first example link (above), there is no element named "search_box". An element has to be given a name or class in the XHTML before it can be styled with CSS.

However, as I mentioned before, one of the difficults with Plogger is the inline CSS. However, if you find in the PHP where it generates this block:
    <td style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;">
    <form action="/gallery/index.php" method="get"><input type="hidden" name="PHPSESSID" value="6e4bd905ba1af7916591f0cabe3729c7" />
    <input type="hidden" name="level" value="search" />
    <input type="text" name="searchterms" />
    <input class="submit" type="submit" value="Search" />
    </form></td>

And change the text-align property to "left", that should do it.

Regards,
    Derek
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

The inline CSS is a bit sloppy, eh?

I'll be moving this all out to the style sheet with the next release, which will also have theme support that should make doing this kind of stuff 10 times easier.
    • CommentAuthorFaken
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2005

Hi Derek,

Thanks so much for you help bud! I wasn't able to find what is declaring that alignment, but I aprpeciate all your help nonetheless. Much aprpeciated sir!

Dan