Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjytioh
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

I have problem using Plogger after successful installation.

After login into the Admin section, whenever I click on any Admin link such as 'Manage', I will be routed back to the login page. Anyone can help?
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser? It sounds like it's logging you in, but not remembering who you are when you try to take the next step, and is throwing you back to the login to re-authenticate. So, double-check to see that your browser has cookies enabled.

Just a thought,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2005

Um, have you since installed Singapore? Because that is different gallery software.

Best of luck,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2005

In regards to not storing sessions, have you enabled the server's PHP to write sessions? If not, the server might not be saving the information and explain the problem.

The PHP server needs a writable directory where it can save the information from your session to a file so that the server can retreive the information. This directory should NOT be in the Document Root of the server. (Important.) Or else, unscrupulous folks could access the directory and retrieve the session data,

This is more common on Windows servers, I find, because sysadmins are unaware they have to do it, it's not done automatically, and it's not immediately apparent in the install documentation.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2006

This isn't a problem with Plogger, at least, not the one I described. It's a problem with not enabling PHP's session writing.

There's no fix I know other than to remove the sessions and use cookies instead. A session really is a server-side cookie (tmk); PHP gives the browser a cookie with a PHP Session ID and uses that to refer to the file on the server side.

However, as of now, I don't know of anyone working on this. I would suggest instead checking that there is a writable session directory for PHP because it would be both the simplest and best solution.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorjoonhee
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2006

any of you guys got it fixed? i been stuck on this problem. yes all of my PHP setting is set to yes
    • CommentAuthorjoonhee
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2006

nm i'm just going to use gallery2