Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorwhimper
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008

still waiting for joomla module...
    write it man...
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009 edited

I'm currently working on a joomla component to include plogger as a component and not just in a wrapper.
    Next are 3 modules to use the 3 current Plogger plugins, Latest Comments, Latest Images and Random Images.
    I don't forsee any problems with the modules, looks basic and have made modules before.

I'm using Joomla 1.5.14 and Plogger 1.0-RC1 svn601 both in seperate databases.

My problem at the moment is the component. Never created a joomla component but looks straight forward. I don't want to mess arround with the Joomla template do can't use the include at top of php. but as far as I can see it can be used later in the code as long as you don't use the <?php the_plogger_head(); ?> code.

The only problem I get now is that it looks like that plogger and joomla use same var names, or that plogger doesn't have localy declared vars. Not sure about that, don't know plogger code.
    It just looks like that when the plogger code is loaded the database var from joomla is overwritten. Now if I used 1 DB for plogger and joomla it shouldn't be a big problem but now all I get from joomla is:

Table 'sportfotografie_plogger.jos_modules' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 0 AND m.client_id = 0 AND ( mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid = 0 ) ORDER BY position, ordering

One goal would be a bridge to a stand alone plogger install which you configure in the Administrator of Joomla. Just things like path and maybe DB details if needed.

Prefered would be to have a component whichh you install into Joomla which includes the Plogger install and be able to manage Plogger from Joomla. Could be done by just using an iframe and including the plog-admin. This is above my php skills ad J1.5 framework knowledge. I come from 7 years CFML and PHP is pretty new for me. ;-)

Anybody out there that wants to team up or who has a basic setup which we could tweak.

Contact me at mw_DOT_rosa_AT_xiphias_DOT_net
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009 edited

Well, I actually found a site that uses a plogger component (google: com_plogger) and looks great. Probebly a custom component and not available. Something like this would be great.

http://shoppingscheveningen.nl/index.php?section=com_plogger&iMenuId=20&level=album&id=2

EDIT: Looked a bit further but doesn't seem to be a Joomla site, integration is excelent though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009

OK, see http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/2850/problems-with-ploggerjoomla-integration-svn601/ for a basic Joomla component provided with help from sidtheduck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009

OK, site with plogger integrated with basic component is online:
    http://www.sportfotografie.us/index.php?option=com_plogger&Itemid=41

In my spare time I'm going to try and make a nice installable component, for now look at the thread mentioned above for the basic component code by Sidtheduck.