Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkanjigirl
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2005 edited

Albums are sorting by 'name' field (line 493 in my gallery.php file) but are showing up in reverse order. If I set them to sort by any other field, they also show up in reverse order here:

http://parallaxwebdesign.com/projects/waterline/plogger/index.php?level=collection&id=1

Can someone please tell me how to sort albums in the correct order by name?

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2005

Just switch "Decending" or "Ascending" to the reverse. If that doesn't fix it, I can't imagine what's going on. (Though, reply, and I'll try to help you figure it out. We can always apply a workaround in PHP.)

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorkanjigirl
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2005

When I set it to Descending, the thumbnails for both images *and* albums are shown in reverse order. When I set it back to ascending, the image thumbs are in the correct order (by caption) but the album thumbs are still in reverse order.

I went into the database to get the other field names last night - no matter which field I use to ORDER BY in gallery.php, they're always reversed.

But this morning I went searching through SQL docs and found a solution - in this line (493 in my gallery.php):

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `".$TABLE_PREFIX."albums` WHERE `parent_id` = '$id' AND id IN ($imlist) ORDER BY `name` DESC LIMIT

change DESC to ASC (descending to ascending order)

It works!

Debbie