Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

When I try to go to admin, I get a 403 Forbidden error. Do I have to change permissions somewhere maybe?

Thanks!
    Maybe I didn't give enough information if my question?

I installed Plogger, and now I'm trying to get into the admin settings at www.mysite.com/plogger/admin. When I go there, I get a 403 Forbidden error and I don't know why.

Sorry if I'm not asking this in a coherent way -- I'm pretty new to all this.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2005

Make sure to CHMOD your admin folder so that you have access. 755 should work.
    Thanks ddejong. That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to work.
    • CommentAuthorfluffyside
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2006

Hi there,

I've got the exact same problem as samplesize. www.mysite/myinstall_directory/admin gives me a 403 error. When I browse the directory with my ftp client it is empty.

When installing (_install.php) I got messages telling me that the ./admin ./thumbs ./lib and ./uploads directories were not readable so I ended up manually creating the directories. I've chmoded the files and directories (755 and 777). Plogger seemed happy and has created the relevant tables in my DB....

.. yet the admin page / directory does not work. Please help.. this has been driving me nuts for days now!!

PHP v4.4.2. MySQL v4.1.18.
    • CommentAuthorfluffyside
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2006

Sorry guys,

I've managed to sort this out now. The conclusion is that I am a donut!!

Having manually created the ./admin folder I simply didn't upload the contents of the ./admin folder extracted from the plogger archive. All together now.... fluffyside you're a TWAT!

Cheers.