Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDanaldinho
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008

There is a problem, you can't create new files in the admin panel :(

How else could I do this?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: Danaldinho</cite>There is a problem, you can't create new files in the admin panel :(

How else could I do this?</blockquote>

What do you mean?
    • CommentAuthorDanaldinho

When you said to upload my watermark image and a new file called watermark.php in the /gallery/photoshoots/photoshoots directory

It wont let you do it manually, because you can only do it from the plogger admin panel, but you can only upload images in there

Understand?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008

not 100% no how much I follow you as you do not do any of this through the admin. I can go to htdocs (the folder where plogger is) open up the plogger folder and then copy and paste the watermark image and the .php in the directories of my liking. You do realize that you are making watermark.php from scratch as well as the watermark image? If you can not open your plogger driectories and paste this information it could be a permission issue on your side of things.
    Ok, so I log in to my host, click on "public_html", then "lilwaynehq.com" and then "gallery" (thats where my plogger is located) and then do i create the file and paste the png file in there? Or do I go to "lilwaynehq.com", "gallery", "images", "photo_shoots", "photo_shoots" and then paste the image or create the file in there?

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorchewbears

Alright so you are using an external host. So yes, you need to log in to your host and upload or paste the files in the correct place. The watermark.php and the watermark.png go in the same directory. This directory is wherever the fullsize or actual pictures that you have uploaded to plogger are stored. Again I just used the directory in my set up. I can not tell which is this directory, but you will know which it is becuase its the one that gets populated AFTER you upload something to your plogger.

Hope this helps.
    Ok I understand that, but I can't upload the watermark image or file, because it won't let me

On mine, it only lets you upload images through the admin panel on plogger

I can't do i from my host

How would I fix that

Thanks for your help
    • CommentAuthorchewbears

I am not really following how your not able to upload, as any site that you own through a carrier usually gives you FTP access to the site. Do you own the site? How did you upload plogger or did someone do it for you? For example when I didn't own my own server I would us a hosting company like godaddy or hostmysite and then us an FTP program like myftp or filezilla in order to put content on my site. I really do not know what is the issue in your situation. Who is your site carrier? Could you not e-mail them the data you would like to place on your site and tell them the directory to insert it in? Just confused b.c I have never worked with a site where I couldn't log in to the htdocs.
    I am on a host too and I use an ftp program also and I have created and uploaded many files before using an ftp program. Its just that in the images directory it won't let me upload anything else (the only way I can place files in them folders is through the admin panel) but I can create files outside the images directory such as in the plogger folders, but like I say just not in the images directory

Are you sure you have done that on your site?

And will it be anything to do with the permissions?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008

Yeah I am sorry that has to be something with permissions on your side of things as I just check and uploaded, copy and pasted a number of files within all of the image directories. I am 100% sure that the above walkthrough is the exact methods that I have taken as I have done this on more then just my own plogger. Sorry I can not help you any further as I do not know what is stopping the files on your end from being able to be copied in those locations.
    Ok thanks anyway

But do you know what your permissions are on your folders?

Because I will see if mine are the same

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008

My permissions on each folder are read and write which are standard with an admin account, but the only difference I think you and I will have is mine is hosted on my machine, and you are using an external host. I would seriously consider contacting your host and asking them for help. The only manipulations you will need to do is with these 2 folders. Then your home free!
    My host has sorted it and it works now!!! :D Wooooo

So thanks, its working now and it shows my watermark image, but it looks horrible

Look here: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/gallery/images/cmr_ym/cash_money_records_young_mula/watermark.php?img=weezy_and_woman.jpg

Do you know why it ain't transparent and looks like that?

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008

How did you make your watermark?

http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/transparent/gif.html

Above is a link on how to use photoshop to make a transparent image. While the particular file is a gif merely save it as a png. Photoshop is your best bet on that. Also you can set the transparency of the image if you want to make the image be more obscurred to the viewer.

Glad I could help.
    Yes I know how to make a png file, and here is what mine looks like:

null

But it doesn't show right does it for some reason :(

You know how to fix this?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008

On my computer it has a white background when I bring it up to preview. I can not help you do it today but hopefully tomorrow I can squeeze some time and photoshop that into a transparent image.
    • CommentAuthorpandianbe
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008 edited

How can we use this watermark in all images under all albums and collections?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008

I developed it to work in "each" directory as all my folders (album wise) use specific watermarks that are unlike the other. If you wanted this to be a 1 stop shop you would have to develop the watermark php to act as a plog function which would then be called from the collection and album level.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009 edited

Just wanted to post an update as one has been made for the following cases

FULLSIZE IMAGE WATERMARKING OF ALL PHOTOS

Place the below php in your root directory (same place plog functions is located)

<?php

header('Content-Type: image/jpeg');
    $wm = imagecreatefrompng(dirname(__FILE__).'/watermark.png');
    //get dimensions
    $h = imagesy($wm);
    $w = imagesx($wm);
    //load image to be watermarked
    $image = imagecreatefromjpeg(dirname(__FILE__).'/'.$_GET['img']);
    $offset = 10;
    $x = imagesx($image) - ($w+$offset);
    $y = imagesy($image) - ($h+$offset);
    //merges them
    imagecopy($image, $wm, 0, $y, 0, 0, $w, $h);
    imagejpeg($image);
    //clear memory
    imagedestroy($image);
    imagedestroy($wm);
    ?>

***THE above should also fix "transperancy issues" for all cases***

Edit or make a .htaccess file with the following

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^images/.+\.jpg$ /watermark.php?img=%{REQUEST_URI} [L]

RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule .* - [L]

RewriteRule feed/$ /plog-rss.php?path=%{REQUEST_URI} [L]
    RewriteRule .* /index.php?path=%{REQUEST_URI} [L]

Place that in the root directory (same as watermark.php)

Place your watermark.png in the same location as .htaccess and watermark.php

And your all set!

You will now have your fullsized images watermarked!
    Followed your instructions, but now the link to my photo doesn´t work anymore
    http://www.plaatstaal.net/kiekjes.php?level=album&id=2
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited

Posted By: johanhendrixFollowed your instructions, but now the link to my photo doesn´t work anymore
    http://www.plaatstaal.net/kiekjes.php?level=album&id=2

Sorry I am just now seeing this. Your photo links are not static links. They are generated from the thumbs therefore in the steps above you will have to remake these thumbs therefore lossing you intermediate link. The only link that is static meaning that as long as the pictures (file name) does not change it can be edited removed and deleted is the full size image.