Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLsprout
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited

I just installed Plogger 3. It says setup complete and gives me the userid of admin with a password. But it also gave warnings for fwrite fopen and fclose. I went ahead and accessed the admin area and it came up with a log in page but when I give it my user name and password is says I need to run _install.php I gave it both the userid and pw I supplied when I ran _install.php and the one it sent back (ie. user name admin password xxxxx

Thanks for any help
    Lavada
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008

Well, I'm not sure what the problem is, but you can always try going into your database and make sure that there is a username in the admin_username field, just to make sure that there is something there. You won't be able to view the password though. This step is to just make sure it didn't have an error and input an empty field. If it doesn't have a admin_username or a bunch of random letters and numbers under admin_password, then you will probably need to reinstall. Second step would be to check and make sure your site meets the requirements for using this script. Another step if you need to reinstall, is don't supply your own username or password until after you login to the admin area. Without seeing the error myself, there is not much more advice I can give you. I hope you get it. What is the link to your gallery?
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

Thanks for the quick response. I just posted to our host to see if I could get help with the database. My partner set it up and I don't know how to check to see if there's anything in the admin_username field. The link to the gallery http://gibbonsracing.com/Plogger/admin/ I'd send you a screen shot but this forum won't take it. If you send me an email address I will send it through there. The userid and password is admin and xxxxx The user id I supplied when I installed it was xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxx
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

Is there a plog-config.php file in your main gallery folder /Plogger/? It sounds to me like it didn't set up the gallery at all.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/Plogger/_install.php again, it says "setup is now complete" "your user name is admin and your password is 'xxxxxx' but your welcome to try to install it. The info you'll need is
    Database Server ? xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com
    Database Name - xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Database Username - xxxxxxx
    Database Password - xxxxxxx
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

Why it says that installation is complete, I have no idea. But it didn't install onto the database. The "plog-config.php" file is where it stores the database information, but it doesn't seem to be writing the information. You should check and make sure that your chmod permissions are correct for "plog-config.php". They should be "644" so that the owner has read and write capabilities.

Do you have FTP access?
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

Yes, I use WS-ftp pro. I don't know what you mean by chmod?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

Well, I can do it for you with the FTP info. But I'll understand if you don't like that idea. But don't post it on here, email the info to me at webmaster@coreyavis.com
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

Thanks I just sent off and email. I was getting a little worried about posting some of this stuff on a forum so really appreciate your email. Can we delete these posts once this is resolved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell

Lsprout -

Rather than deleting the posts, simply press the edit link in your posts and replace the usernames and passwords in the posts with *****. That way the intent of the thread will remain while removing the sensitive login information.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008

Since last talking with you I thought of something more. Currently there is another album running on the site. It's not having any trouble. Could it be a sharing problem that since the other program has access to the data base Plogger can't have it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

Lsprout, once you got to the page where it gives you the username and password, was there a button at the bottom called "Proceed"? The script actually doesn't save the information to the database until *after* the Proceed button has been clicked (even though it tells you the username and password already and that Plogger has installed).

I've tried to update the installation text output in the current SVN trunk to help clarify the installation process steps for the next release of Plogger. If you want, you can download the current revision and try it out. If you do, let us know if there is anything else that can help clarify the installation steps.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

sidtheduck,
    I did the proceed all the way through. It is a little confusing in that it keeps coming up with the page saying proceed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

Posted By: Lsproutsidtheduck,
    I did the proceed all the way through. It is a little confusing in that it keeps coming up with the page saying proceed.
    Okay, so at the end, you ended up at the Plogger login screen? Just checking. The steps are:
    1. Verify that the folders and files it needs are writable.
    2. Fill in information regarding the database and gallery name and admin email
    3. Page that either provides you with a link to download and upload the generated 'plog-config.php' file or a 'Proceed' button.
    4. Installs the information to the database (not visible) and redirects you to the login page.

Also, did you ever get access to your MySQL database? I couldn't tell from your edited posts above.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

sidtheduck,
    We're about ready to leave and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. This forum has been great so didn't want to just disappear. Hopefully by the time I get back I'll have had a response regarding the sql database from the host. I think the problem might be in #1 above but I need to check with the host. I did #2, #3 it gave a Proceed button. It never directed me to a login page exactly. It came back with a userid of admin and a password and the Proceed button again. I clicked it and it came back with the same page. I then went into the site gibbonsracing.com/Plogger/admin and it came up with a login page but didn't take it. Instead it went to a page that said to do the _install.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

What version of php is your host server running?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

There is also this discussion -> http://plogger.org/forum/discussion/1842/

One user was able to use IE to run the install successfully and the other user had to manually create the tables and then install. However, that does not solve the problem as to why it isn't working in the first place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

I believe that it is having a problem opening and writing to the plog-config.php file. I'm sure the method of creating the tables yourself will work. The only question is, do you have the ability to make databases on your host server, because I couldn't find it.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008

Well something has changed. Before when I tried to log in it asked me run _install.php now it gives me this message.

Table 'gibbonsracing.plogger_config' doesn't exist
    SELECT * FROM `plogger_config`

I also received a message from the host. It's below
    Hello Lavada ?
    Thank you for contacting Host Depot technical support.
    I was able to log into the ?gibbonsracing? MySQL database without an issue.
    What are the directories which should have specific permissions, and what should those permissions be? We can set those permissions according to what you specify to us?.

What is the exact error message you are receiving when you login to the photo gallery application?
    Is there a user name and password you can provide to us which would allow us access to login to that photo galley application?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

Lsprout,

When Plogger was prompting you to run _install.php, it was as DeeJayOdie said and that plog-config.php was not defining the MySQL login information (host, database name, login, password). Now, apparently, the plog-config.php file is defining the MySQL login information, but the error you receive means that the information is not correct. Double check your MySQL settings as they are entered into the plog-config.php file and make sure they are correct.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

When I get the error of
    Table 'gibbonsracing.plogger_config' doesn't exist
    SELECT * FROM `plogger_config` when I try to log in why does it point to 'gibbonsracing.plogger_config' instead of
    gibbonsracing/Plogger/plog_config.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

`gibbonsracing.plogger_config` is pointing to the MySQL database "gibbonsracing" and the table within that database "plogger_config".

It is finding the 'gibbonsracting/Plogger/plog-config.php' file which is defining the database. It can't connect to the database due to bad information within the 'plog-config.php' file or the table "plogger_config" does not exist within that database. The error is with the connection to the database, not to the 'plog-config.php' file itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

You are correct. It is an error connecting to the database. I'm not sure the database itself exists.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

The database exists because I use it with another Picture Album but I don't know if Plogger created a 'plog-config.php' file in the data base. I can write the host and ask for it to accept write but won't I have to reinstall Plogger to get the file?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008

You will have to reinstall because it's not installed yet. Quick question. When you log in to your account on hostdepot, I noticed it takes you to siteutil.com. Is that also where you make your databases, or are they on hostdepot?
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

It's installed now because if I try to install it says it's already installed. I'll have to ask my partner about the database question. She set it up and understands it which I don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

It says its installed, but it's not. The script was designed so that it says it's installed once the plog-config.php file has the database information. But since it hasn't actually loaded the tables into the database, the script itself isn't really installed. The reason the plog-config.php file contains the database information, is because I put it there to test something out to try and help you get it installed. I was going to try and manually create the database for you, but when I went to hostdepot.com to try and do it, I couldn't find the database area. I hope that clears some things up. I'm sorry I haven't been successful yet. But I'm sure you can understand why. But don't worry, as long as you continue to want my help, and until we get it working, I'll keep doing my best when I have time, to help you.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout

I emailed the host and requested write access to the data base. When I get it I'll try to install Plogger again. What do I need to do to do this. Right now when I run _install.php it says Plogger is already installed.

Thanks for all the help, Plogger is really lucky to have you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeeJayOdie

There is a file that contains all the database information, like what tables to create etc. You just need to get that data, make it into a .sql file, and upload it directly into the database. But it's more complicated then it sounds and it's best to let someone who knows what they are doing, do it. Or you just might harm it more. Once we get this done, if it works, you won't need to use _install.php anymore. We are just going to try and do all the same steps it does, without it.
    • CommentAuthorLsprout
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008

Well finally. I got the following post from the host this morning.
    Hello Lavada,
    Thank you for contacting Host Depot!
    The /plogger directory under gibbonsracing.com now has write permissions as requested.
    Try reinstalling Plogger now that the folder has the permissions needed.

Let me know what you need to do the .sql file. I'd rather not post passwords over the forum. Maybe email what you need or if you reset the plogger so I can run _install.phd I can do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008

Posted By: LsproutLet me know what you need to do the .sql file. I'd rather not post passwords over the forum. Maybe email what you need or if you reset the plogger so I can run _install.phd I can do that.
    To reset Plogger so you can run the _install.php file:
    1. Log into your FTP and download your 'plog-config.php' file (as a backup in case something goes wrong).
    2. Upload the default 'plog-config.php' file from the Plogger download and save over your old one.
    3. Then try running '_install.php' again to set everything up (if you don't understand what to fill out for the MySQL database information, just look in your old 'plog-config.php' -the one you backed up from #1 above- after opening it in a text editor).
    • CommentAuthorLsprout
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008

It installed and looked good until I hit Proceed and I got the message below...

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in D:\InetPub\169\Plogger\plog-load_config.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\InetPub\169\Plogger\plog-load_config.php:28) in D:\InetPub\169\Plogger\_install.php on line 31
    • CommentAuthorLsprout
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited

And I'm getting an invalid login when I try to log in. I've tried
    See below it's working...
    • CommentAuthorLsprout
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008

Oh My Gosh... I got into it. I'm not sure what changed but I'm in. And, THANK YOU for all the help and support. It was the data base and by the install this morning it looks like Plogger is easy to install once you have the data base set up to accept writes.

Thanks Again
    Lavada