Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I have plogger installed on a subdomain of my main site. Therefore, things like the RSS Feed, The slideshow link, etc etc are calling the base URL which right now is read as my main domain.

Is there anyway it can be changed to take into account for the subdomain

eg of subdomain would be "user.mysite.com

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2005

You should define the base URL in the installation, if memory serves (sometimes it doesn't). If you define it there, I don't see why it wouldn't properly generate the links.

Derek
    Nope....installation form does not ask for base URL/path.

Only database details and login info....
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2005

Line 16 of plog-load_config.php
    $config["baseurl"] = "http://".$_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]. substr($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"],0,strrpos($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"],"/")) . "/";

Try manually putting in your subdomain
    $config["baseurl"] = "http://sub.domain.com". substr($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"],0,strrpos($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"],"/")) . "/";
    nope...get a parse error for unexpected t string.........

hmmm
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2005

Post the relevant lines you changed; sounds like there's something syntactically wrong in the code.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorisaac.uribe
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2006 edited

Why not use "HTTP_HOST" instead of "SERVER_NAME" ?
    I just changed it and works for me, I'm pointing some subdomains and several domain names to the same server, making them look like different web pages.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2006

Wasn't aware of that variable, if that works it would definitely be a better solution.
    • CommentAuthorgoose240
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2006

i'm haveing a problem where the thumbnails are being looked for in a directory too high up. Is there a similar fix?