Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthora904lea
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2008

Is there a way of manually adjusting the sort order of photos in an album after they have been imported? I am building albums with photos from several sources that recorded the same event and I would like to sort them into chronological order. As the camera's clocks weren't synchronised and the file naming conventions of each camera is different none of the auto sort options in Plogger fits the bill.

Is prefixing the caption with a alphabetical/numeric value or renaming the files outside of Plogger and re-importing them the only answer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008

Currently, you can't manually sort the order. This is something that I am hoping will be integrated as well (although there are more pressing matters at the moment). Also, the ability to rename files after they've been uploaded is another idea I would like to see come to light. They are high on my priority list though.
    I would like to manually sort photos as well. Just putting in my two cents
    • CommentAuthorseblavenant
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008 edited

I have slightly modified this version to be able to order manually the pictures in a gallery because I needed it this way.

If you're interessed, you can download it here : in-graphik.com

The field "order" has been added in order to modify the position of a picture in an another way that depending on the date, name...

capture

You don't need to attribute value to all the pictures, I just use it to put image up or down following their prority.

It is accessible from the Edit button "Manage Content" for pictures

capture

You can then choose the option via the admin or through the front.

IMPORTANT : The only thing you have to do (after the install of plogger) is to add a field "ordre" in your database

Sorry for my english I hope you've understood !
    Thank you for this seblavenant

very important to be able to choose the sort order for some people! Such as me (I need to arrange the albums by month). If this fix doesn't arrange albums, I'm sure I'll be able to figure that out by looking closely at how he coded the files.

for anyone who downloads his contribution, I thought it might be helpful to mention that the only files that were changed were:

admin/plog-admin-functions.php
    admin/plog-manage.php
    admin/plog-options.php
    plog-functions.php

So these are the only files you'll need to upload.

Also the word 'ordre' is correct as you see it, he must of had to use that spelling so it didn't conflict with other variables.
    • CommentAuthorlocust
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008

I was looking to be able to order the pictures as well. Thank you seblavenant.

As for installing your version. Can i just simply replace all my files by yours, then add the order field in my database ?
    Or do i need to reinstall the whole shabang ?

Je viens de m'apercevoir que tu es fr. Merci pour l'aide.
    Hi locust,

You don't need to do a re-install, you can replace your files with seblavenant's, making sure to be careful if you have done any custom edits to your own files - these would be over-written by his files. I uploaded the files and forgot that I had done some (minor) customization to them and lost the edits I had done.

Like I said previously, there are only four files that actually got changed and therefore need replacing, you could leave the rest of the files alone - assuming you have Plogger 3 and not some other version.

I have tried this download and it does work.
    • CommentAuthorlocust
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008

thx, rainthebat. I should have read your comment more carefully.
    However it doesn't work for me. Strangly i dont get any error message but the changes dont show up in my gallery,

I created the new field in my plogger_pictures
    field param

And I can sort my pict in the backoffice, but nothing shows.

I checked my database again after reaffecting the sort number of a few images and saw nothing odd. The changes had been taken in count.show order

Am i missing something here?

Thx again
    • CommentAuthorRainTheBat
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008

Hi Their Locust,

What do you mean by "but nothing shows."?
    You should see an addition under your drop menu with the title "ordre" (which You could change the name to something more pleasing if so inclined.
    New Drop Menu

You may want to delete the files that are changed on you server (i.e. the four changed files) if everything is failing and then re-upload them, but they should be getting overwritten correctly when you uploading anyhow. (I use FileZilla for ftp - very nice software)

For re-iteration, the following are the files that he made changes to:

admin/plog-admin-functions.php
    admin/plog-manage.php
    admin/plog-options.php
    plog-functions.php

again DON'T just upload these if you have made some other customizations that you don't want to loose. You could use a program like WinMerge to compare the differences in the files (his vs. plogger origionals) to see where he made edits.
    • CommentAuthordime
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009

Are there any chances that this gets in Plogger? This is one of requested features for long time, I found several threads about this.

Unfortunately this zip file from above is deleted so I can't see how big changes are, but from comments here I think it is not so hard. Could admin contact author via his e-mail to post this changes again?

It would be very good to have this implemented since it's very hard to organize big albums where best pictures could appear below top.
    • CommentAuthorAnnie
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009

I'd love to be able to have this facility. As dime says, the link no longer works. Does anyone know how to implement manual sorting? I'm using version 549 - I didn't realize there was a more recent version when I installed a few days ago and I've made a number of customizations to the theme.
    • CommentAuthortrstn
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010

I too would love manual sort order - it's the only thing really stopping me getting full use of plogger.

Does anyone have the modified files, as that site no longer seems to exist :(