Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjdooley
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008

After getting through the install, after clicking proceed, this is what I get:

Notice: Undefined index: PATH_TRANSLATED in /home/emergent/public_html/plogger/plog-load_config.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined index: PATH_TRANSLATED in /home/emergent/public_html/plogger/plog-load_config.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/emergent/public_html/plogger/_install.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/emergent/public_html/plogger/plog-load_config.php:36) in /home/emergent/public_html/plogger/_install.php on line 27

Do I just have to go in and manually chmod the folder to 777?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

jdooley,

Your error reporting is set really high on your server and your server is sending notices. We've caught them all (or at least most?) in the latest SVN, but they still remain in the Beta 3.0 download. Do suppress these so it functions correctly, just add the following line of code toward the top of your 'plog-globals.php' file (right before the "gettext" includes):error_reporting(E_ERROR);

That should work for you. And Plogger should be installed correctly (I believe). I think it just threw the errors as it was trying to redirect you to the main login page after installation. Try to login and see if everything works. If not, delete the database and install again (after you change the error_reporting in plog-globals.php). Let us know if you run into any other problems.
    • CommentAuthorjdooley

Sid,

That worked great, I had to delete and reload all of the files. I ran the install again, and now I can't login with the password that the script gave me (I double-checked it from the email as I received as well).

Should I try re-installing again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

Do you have any other software on your website that uses passwords (like a forum or blog software)? It could be a cookie name issue.
    If you think this may be it, check this post -> http://plogger.org/forum/discussion/165/invalid-login-on-fresh-install/#Item_9
    • CommentAuthorjdooley

Nope, nothing else at all...
    • CommentAuthorjdooley

sid,

just reinstalled again, got to the login screen and I still can't get into the admin panel using the supplied password.
    • CommentAuthorjdooley

Got it figured it out. I went into PHPMyAdmin and guess what I found? Five username/password fields! I deleted all but one, edited the one left and switched the password using MD5 hash and got in finally! Thanks for the help sid, I can't believe I figured it out on my own :)