Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008 edited

Just an FYI to everyone who is thinking of downloading / testing the SVN trunk of Plogger, we have just completed a restructure of Plogger to make it easier for future upgrades, fixing mod_rewrite naming issues, as well as a few other issues that needed working out. Please note that as of revision 550, the structure no longer remains the same and upgrading (at this point) from previous versions has not been documented or finalized (but it will be soon! ;) ).

If you are looking to use the bug fixes for Beta 3.0 from the SVN trunk, please download using the following link ( <= revision 549 is prior to the restructure).
    Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Thanks.
    Thankful People: Georgeste, mhea09
    •  
      CommentAuthorRageRacer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008

upgrading (at this point) from previous versions has not been documented or finalized (but it will be soon! ;) ).

When do you think you can release the instructions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009 edited

RageRacer,

You can actually attempt the latest SVN code (I can provide a link if you would like). The upgrade process has been updated in the current SVN code (as of revision 587) and has been tested, but may have some minor bugs to work out that we haven't run into yet (we can't test it on all servers :P ). We are working hard to get the next release out, but there have been some new(ish) bugs that have been reported and some last minute tweaking that we are currently working on before getting the release out. We hope you'll all be patient just a little longer ... and that it will be worth it in the end. :)
    Thankful People: RageRacer
    •  
      CommentAuthorRageRacer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009 edited

Thanks sidtheduck,

I'm using Trunk 588 and only have the one issue I posted a couple of days ago regarding an error on the import page.
    I'm also using a modified Broadway2 theme, as the original is not compliant with Trunk 588.

Plogger is the best open source gallery I have used. I'm very much looking forward to a final release :)
    • CommentAuthorbuckmajor
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009

I see how this works now, all that time I actually thought plogger was already complete to install.

I have Trunk 589 and want to install asap when the issue is resolved.

Plogger by far is the best open source gallery I have used.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009

warsaw_web,

You can always Browse the source and download via the Zip archive link at the bottom of the page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009

I'm trying to upgrade my 1.0b3 to trunk 601 (with my cooliris update and picture ordering theme) that I use for sportfotografie.us.
    I want to update http://amsterdamcrusaders.xiphias.net so the players can order pictures. I just uploaded a fresh r601 into new plgger folder, renamed the old /plogger to .old and renamed the new one to plogger. I already manualy set the detials from conig into new one.

I then went to site and i get screen about install or upgrade. I click upgrade which redirects me to install. After entering details and logging in gallery is empty. I then renamed plogger to plogger.new and plogger.old to plogger to get 1.0b3 again and thank god that works fine. Why won't trunk 601 see the current data.

Any help is welcome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009

xiphias,

Did you manually update the information in plog-config-sample.php or in plog-config.php in the new installation? You would be redirected to _install.php if Plogger could not find the plog-config.php file or if the information was missing from it.

Also, did you change your table prefixes in the new plog-config.php from the old one? That would set up different tables within that database, so it would assume you have a fresh install and not an upgrade from a previous version.

If you wanted, you could email me your plog-config.php from the old installation and the new one and I could take a look to see if something was changed that shouldn't have been.