Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMonsterkid
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008 edited

Hello!

I've been using plogger for a while now and I love it!! Thanx for making this perfect phpgallery! :-)
    I've also been wondering if it's not time to put video support in to plogger? It would make it complete ;-)
    many of the alternatives tp plogger has video support.. like zenphoto.. (erase the name if you dont want it in your forum). Please! add video support! for like, mp4, mov, 3gp and so on :-)
    Is this not a good idea? :-/
    Is it possible to add video support for plogger?
    Gues.. no one thinks it's a good idea.. :-(
    •  
      CommentAuthor_Eric_
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008

Just needed a moment to think about it. :)

I think it's a very interesting idea. I've submitted a ticket for this feature <a href="http://dev.plogger.org/ticket/183">here</a> so all the developers can comment on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited

There was also this discussion -> http://plogger.org/forum/discussion/499/video/

Some limited code is already in the codebase (post Beta 3.0 in r491), but the current revision needs to be changed over for the restructure of Plogger (post r550).
    Personally, I would eventually like this to be a plugin to Plogger (once we get around to integrating a plugin system), but that may be awhile before that happens. You can follow the thread above or check for the limited video support in the SVN trunk > r491 for the time being.

ok, nice.
    Sounds good to make it some kind of plugin.
    Btw, I am president of a big irl photocommunity here in sweden.. we have about 200members and I recommended plogger to them and it has spread like a wildfire I tell yah :-) everybody loves it! but we all agree that it needs a video plugin because that would broaden the range of users.. I mean.. with the youtube revolution and all.. peoples want to make there own video AND photo gallery. Of course plogger is a photo gallery primarily and it should stay that way, but the option to make video support available would take it to the next level. there is no good PHP video gallery's out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008

Monsterkid,

You can edit the Plogger code using the hack used in the discussion above to make your own gallery able to upload video if you would like. I'm just letting you know that it's not all that sophisticated at the moment. :)

sidtheduck,

As you probably remember, I kind of suck.. big time on editing php code ;-)
    Where do i add what code.. and would it affect my gallery as it is now? :-S
    • CommentAuthorcasminkey
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008

Anyone know of a script similar to plogger for Video? I can't find anything close.

I'm just looking for something to use as a video library. Very simple and clean. Right now i'm hosting video's from Vimeo.com and linking to them from my site, but i'd like to host them myself, sort them out into categories.

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008

My quick suggestion would be to use Java. Have images on your screen that will become videos and then have java to add them as a new window (pop up) or redirect to a page that has the video embedded.

For example the java for a pop up with your video would be

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function openindex()
    {
    OpenWindow=window.open("", "newwin", "height=250,width=250,toolbar=no,scrollbars="+scroll+",menubar=no");
    OpenWindow.document.write("<HTML>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<TITLE>My Embedded Video</TITLE>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<BODY BGCOLOR=000000>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<EMBED SRC=YourEmbeddedVideo.avi AUTOSTART=true></EMBED>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("</HTML>")
    OpenWindow.document.close()
    self.name="main"
    }
    </SCRIPT>
    [Don't copy this]
    ...and this goes in the BODY Command:
    [Don't copy this]

onLoad="openindex()"

Or you can redirect to a page that has the embedded video (I think I am the only fan of pop ups these days so you might just want to embed.)

<EMBED SRC="">YourEmbeddedVideo.avi</EMBED>

So you will have to some links to your photos to redirect to the pages you make with the avi's.

This is a dirty but effective way to do what you want to do.
    • CommentAuthortommed
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

I have written a tutorial on how to change Plogger so it allows you to embed YouTube videos. It's a very straight forward change which just involves editing one file in your theme.

Click here for the tutorial on how to embed YouTube videos into Plogger

Hope that helps!! :)