Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsimzy39
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008

-i have trunk 775 (what ever the newest one is before yesterdays updates)
    i have classic theme, always getting
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\2upside\trunk\plog-content\themes\default\comments.php on line 23
    even with the comments on or off i get that error

-i also noticed that my thumbnails are not good representations, some thumbnails make the picture look like a square when in real life its a rectangle, tall and not so wide, i use this gallery to display pictures of paintings.
    also i noticed that when the thumbnail is clicked it displays the image but not the real size unless i click the image again and it loads just a blank page with the image and than i have to press the image again to zoom in.
    Can you please make an option or something to laod the real image size? even if its like 600 by 600 or 1000 by 700, it should just push the divs under it anyway like a elastic fluid design.

-with the Show Details button, where it pulls the information out of the image (i think -not sure). can you make that information editable in the admin section? like not make it pull the info from the image but make that editable like what if i didnt want Dimensions etc but wanted like Style Photographer Artist etc, like make the headings and information editable for the image instead of information pulled fromt he iamge.
    Even the description could go in this box, and the box could go above the image and expand when Show Details is pressed.
    This would make it easier to view details in case the image was very big and the details were under the image but a long way down the page.

-also the comment page with that parse error looks like it could use tidying up
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008 edited

Hi simzy39,

Posted By: simzy39i have trunk 775 (what ever the newest one is before yesterdays updates)
    The last update to the SVN trunk was August 1, 2007 and is revision 572.

Posted By: simzy39i have classic theme, always getting
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\2upside\trunk\plog-content\themes\default\comments.php on line 23
    even with the comments on or off i get that error
    I cannot seem to generate the same error with my installation (and I have my error_reporting set to E_ALL). Do you have a link to your installation or have you edited the comments.php file at all?

Posted By: simzy39some thumbnails make the picture look like a square when in real life its a rectangle
    To fix this, log into the admin section and uncheck the box next to "Use Cropped Square Thumbnails" in Admin -> Options tab and it will make proportional thumbnails instead of square thumbnails.

Posted By: simzy39Can you please make an option or something to laod the real image size?
    Again, log into the admin and uncheck the box next to "Generate Intermediate Pictures" in the Admin -> Options tab and it will use the original sized image instead of the reduced size intermediate image.

Posted By: simzy39with the Show Details button, where it pulls the information out of the image (i think -not sure). can you make that information editable in the admin section? like not make it pull the info from the image but make that editable like what if i didnt want Dimensions etc but wanted like Style Photographer Artist etc, like make the headings and information editable for the image instead of information pulled fromt he iamge.
    I think we are already thinking of adding more EXIF pulling information from the images (like Artist, etc.). It is all pulled from the image and stored in the database at the moment, so it should be fairly easy to get this to be editable. However, we will have to think of ways to display this in the Admin -> Manage tab that will not make it cluttered if people don't use this option all that much. I'll go ahead and edit the Trac ticket (that way we can be reminded of it) dealing with EXIF information so we can make that information editable and to come up with a good way to display that information in the admin section. Thanks for the good thoughts!

Posted By: simzy39Even the description could go in this box, and the box could go above the image and expand when Show Details is pressed.
    This would make it easier to view details in case the image was very big and the details were under the image but a long way down the page.
    Yeah, this could be better utilized to make it easier to edit how this table is constructed and what information is located in this. I'll try to add a Trac ticket for this (or you can) to make sure we follow up for a future release.

Posted By: simzy39also the comment page with that parse error looks like it could use tidying up
    What needs tidying up in there? All of the code needs to be there to make sure all the possibilities for comment happenings gets taken care of. If you can come up with a cleaner way, go ahead and make the changes, start a new Trac ticket, and post a patch for the code for testing! :D

Thanks again for your thoughts and ideas!
    • CommentAuthorsimzy39
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008

i meant 572 :P
    anyway thankyou for your time and effort mate, good job,
    also the comments page ias as it is in the original download.
    the parse error i always get, it's on all my testing machines, i'll see if it does it online.
    also can you make the tickets for these suggestion instead of me, i never do tickets, i just forum post
    your donation worthy (always wanted to say that)
    • CommentAuthorsimzy39
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008

Dear sidtheduck,
    i was wondering can i just give you money to code the feature above into plogger that i asked for.
    Just let me know and i'll donate money, how much do you want?

Basically the ability to edit the information shown, like not pulled from the image but completely editable, i might only want the headings: Artist, Style, Description, Price, Email Us
    And if you can make links nestable with in that area
    thankyou mate
    • CommentAuthorsimzy39
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008

p.s - with the parse error i recieve, to get the parse error try testing it on wamp server 2.0c http://www.wampserver.com/en/
    maybe that apache/php version produces the bug, worth an investigation
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008

simzy39,

As much as I would like to help you (and everyone) customize their sites (even for money), I simply don't have the time right now. You should be able to use the description area to add the Artist, Style, Price, Email Us section. Just use this hack to allow HTML tags within the description area (and if you want it on more than pictures, check this post).