Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsimzy39
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008

ok here goes:

when plogger is installing it does two annoyances, there will be a case where it installs but doesnt display the generated password, and there will be the time it installs and trys to do email setup or something along those lines and always encounters an error because i dont have email setup on my wamp server installion, i could but i dont, lots of test servers dont have that setup for they are for code testing.
    anyway gallery2 and wordpress and phpbb dont do whatever you are doing with the email checking during install, so is it necessary? maybe include an option in the installation like 'email test/setup' or whatever it is referred to.
    if the box is ticked do it, otherwise skip that and just generate the password.

-also maybe create a text file with the password generated inside the text file as a precaution for when the generated password isnt displayed to the person installing plogger, im not the only one who has encountered this error.
    Upon first successful login into the plogger admin area the text file can be automatically deleted since it is assumed the person knows the password in order to have logged in.
    • CommentAuthorhotshot309
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008 edited

When I downloaded Plogger in early September of 2008, I had some issues at first. I see that the current documentation does say, "There is a directory structure embedded into the ZIP file so make sure that you preserve this organization when extracting." However, I feel that an extra note about what I experienced might save someone else some time:

If you're using Vista (and possibly other versions of Windows), Windows' built-in unzipping utility will not suffice for extracting the files from the Plogger installation ZIP file. While extracting from the ZIP archive, Vista's built-in utility prompts you to skip or rename files it finds that are extensionless and have the same names as directories in the same location. Either choice you make, this won't work out for you. So instead, you need to use WinRAR (a free trial version of it is available) or a similar program that will uncompress the files and directories as they are without prompting for renaming or replacing files. Then you can upload the contents of the extracted folder and start worrying about setting the permissions on directories on your Web server.

Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorVeronika
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: hotshot309</cite>When I downloaded Plogger in early September of 2008, I had some issues at first. I see that the current documentation does say, "There is a directory structure embedded into the ZIP file so make sure that you preserve this organization when extracting." However, I feel that an extra note about what I experienced might save someone else some time:

If you're using Vista (and possibly other versions of Windows), Windows' built-in unzipping utility will not suffice for extracting the files from the Plogger installation ZIP file. While extracting from the ZIP archive, Vista's built-in utility prompts you to skip or rename files it finds that are extensionless and have the same names as directories in the same location. Either choice you make, this won't work out for you. So instead, you need to use WinRAR (a free trial version of it is available) or a similar program that will uncompress the files and directories as they are without prompting for renaming or replacing files. Then you can upload the contents of the extracted folder and start worrying about setting the permissions on directories on your Web server.

Thanks.</blockquote>
    • CommentAuthorVeronika
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008 edited

I had the same problem as my Vista did not unzipped all files... many files were missing after my upload
    Had to use 7-zip to unzip all files properly.