Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I have installed plogger on a PHP 5 semidedicated server meeting all the requirements. The install script worked flawlessly and I manually set all php files to 777. When I go to login, correct password or not, I am redirected to plog-upload.php and get a blank page.

Please help as I would love to give plogger a try!
    • CommentAuthorT2
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2005 edited

Sounds like a directory/path issue. Check your plog-upload.php file in the admin folder. It should have the following on lines 8, 9, and 10

require("plog-globals.php");
    require_once("../plog-load_config.php");
    include("plog-admin-functions.php");

This is not the only thing that could cause the problem, but it's a good place to start.

Regards,
    T2
    I tried giving them absolute paths, but it just rendered a bunch of errors:

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/gallery/admin/plog-globals.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (HIDDEN:/tmp) in HIDDEN/gallery/admin/plog-upload.php on line 8

Warning: main(/gallery/admin/plog-globals.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in HIDDEN/gallery/admin/plog-upload.php on line 8

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/gallery/admin/plog-globals.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in HIDDEN/gallery/admin/plog-upload.php on line 8
    • CommentAuthorT2
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2005

Did you happen to change the folder name "ploggerb2" to something else?
    • CommentAuthorT2

Read this.
    http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=204&page=1#Item_0
    Yes, I renamed the folder to gallery

Does it need to be named plogger b2.

Thanks for the link but there does not seem to be a resolution to that thread.
    • CommentAuthorT2

I believe you can change it, but I had a similar problem when I renamed the folder. When I refreshed the site files (in Dreamweaver) the paths to the "required" files were changed. That's why I had you look at the plog-upload.php

You could download Plogger again just to compare the required and include statements to what you have, but the problem may be the incompatability with PHP 5
    I did a direct upload with out dreamweaver so the required files were not touched
    • CommentAuthorT2

I'm out of ideas other than maybe doing a fresh install without renaming anything. Still there's the incompatability issue.
    Any other ideas anyone?

Plogger would be great to use if I could just get it to run! ;-)
    PHP5 help anyone??????
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Reports from the field seem to indicate Plogger is not forward compatible with PHP5. Additionally, it appears you may be running in safe mode which further complicates matters.

I'd like to offer some assistance, but we haven't gotten the chance to test out the new PHP5 yet, but plan to do so in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthoranti
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2005

mysql library is no longer bundled with PHP since version 5, because of licence issuses. See here: http://ee.php.net/manual/en/faq.migration5.php

It has to be installed/enabled separately

This might be the cause for our problems with PHP 5
    I have other php/mysql applications running fine on the server though.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2005

Is it though mysql or mysqli?
    STANDARD MYSQL
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2005

Seriously. We're trying to help. The sarcastic all-caps, on the other hand, doesn't help anybody, and is liable to illicit less help from the forum. We're not retarded, however much you might like to think so. We said from the start the original Beta 2 source wasn't PHP5 compatible; we figured that out before you got here.

Furthermore, your answer doesn't even clarify whether you know the difference. mysqli works on "STANDARD MYSQL", just like mysql. mysqli -- "MySQL Improved" Library -- is just a different php library for interfacing with the mySQL database, with different function calls, and is commonly used with PHP5:
    http://ca3.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysqli.php

There are some functions which have been renamed or need additional parameters in PHP5. Most of them are documented here:
    http://docs.php.net/en/migration5.html

Google will yeild additional sources.
    Sorry, for the misunderstanding ddejong.

I typed in all caps to ensure it was easy to read so that there would be no confusion (mysqli could easily be considered a typo by some people).

I am by no means being sarcastic nor do I think you are retarted.

As to "original Beta 2 source wasn't PHP5 compatible", I didn't see that but I could have easily missed it.

As to "your answer doesn't even clarify whether you know the difference", I don't.

I know a decent amount of PHP and MYSQL code but very little about server software versions.

If phpinfo() will help I would be glad to post it.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2005

Alright. My apologies. I was wrong, and do apologize as well for the misunderstanding. I don't have my time tonight to formulate my response but will try shortly. In the mean time, check out that php.net article and see if you can't find any of the functions mentioned. That would be a good start. Also, the primary concern with mysqli is that it has different function calls; though I think you would know if you were using mysqli. Except, I really thought the standard mysql library with PHP5 was mysqli (makes sense to me), but I can't find any reference to it. I know mysql isn't automatically enabled, but don't know what the expected mysql library is for PHP5.

Anyone? Thoughts?

Derek
    TOPIC KEEP ALIVE
    • CommentAuthorsturmgas
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2006

It is not that alive anymore!
    But i am still wondering how the progress is on plogger and php5? Because plogger looks to me like a good gallery sytem i could use.

btw in the pages: http://www.plogger.org/docs/config/ you cant find info about php5!