Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsmartinez
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2005

I installed Plogger last night, and intergrated it into my website (http://www.dallasfirstassembly.org/ploggerb2/). But when I tried to "upload" from the admin side, I get a "500 Server Error" (The web server encountered an error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request...). Also, I can view my collections and albums, but I can't view pictures in the album.

It seems to me that these problems are related. Do I need to change my permissions on my server?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2005

Do you have anymore information? Server OS, Web Server Version, PHP Version, MySQL version, etc?
    • CommentAuthorsmartinez
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2005 edited

RedHat Linux 7.2
    PERL 5.6.1
    PHP 4.4.2-dev
    MySQL 4.0.26

Thanks for any help!!
    • CommentAuthorsmartinez
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2005 edited

i'm not sure which version of apache
    • CommentAuthorsmartinez
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2005

I contacted the hosting company because I can't view the error logs. The solution might be useful to others. If they can't allocate more memory, what's the best way to rewrite to script to allocate less memory?

Here's what they said:

"Hello,

The error is due to the fact that the script is unable to allocate enough memory for the execution.

We will forward your ticket to our system administrators, who will check if it is possible to increase the 35MB limit for your account, which is set by default for all hosting accounts on our servers. Please note that this may take up to several hours.

Best Regards,
    Support"
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2005

There is not much in the way of memory allocation control within PHP, however you can limit yourself by uploading smaller files in the UPLOAD tab and fewer files in the IMPORT tab.

Every server has it's limits.