Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorarefsum
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008

I would like to have a specific field (optional) for crediting the photographer by name, as many sites use pictures by different photographers, and it is just plain politeness to display the credit. It doesn't belong in the details area, as many people are not interested in the photo details.

Regards
    Alf
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

arefsum,

Can you not use the Caption field or a multi-line Description to add photographer credit? Just a thought.
    • CommentAuthorarefsum

Sidtheduck,

I could possibly do that, and it would work, sort of. You would have to "manually" format the description field for it to make sense.

The thing is that the photographer name (or image creator/artist) is really a different entity type, and not related to the caption or description. I think of caption and description as the short and long version of content description, whereas the photographer is the content creator.

I know it is a hassle to add another column to the database, and write code to handle that. So I wouldn't expect a solution right away ;-), but at some time in the future maybe.

Regards

Alf
    • CommentAuthorbilel
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2008

Like you, I tried to bring a multiuser feature to plogger !
    And like Arefsum, I thought about adding a new DB column that contains photographer name and details.

I prepared this coyright's field near Exif data ( As you ca see here on Djerba Photos)

But I've found some problems when I tried to integrate that on the Admin validation panel ! Where we can import uploaded pics !

If someone can assist me this is my idea :

* A securised upload form will be added on the website that will post

picture file
    picture caption
    picture description
    photographer credits

* So we have to change the import module that would be able to read all posted data
    * if photographer credits data are valid, they would be stored in a new column

And that's how you can make your plogger gallery more social ;-)