Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPlebbi
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2005

For some reason :s some people hover over images and thumbs and they disappear they have to be really quick to see the image.... otherwise it disappears and im not getting this error but apparently some are... have any idea whats going on
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2005

It is assuredly a CSS bug, being that the :hover pseudo-class controls the effect. It won't be hard to find, but post the offending browser and additional info if possible. (There are already a few CSS problems in Plogger, most notably IE not displaying all thumbs.) Usually it's not a problem with the CSS, but with the browser's implementation, and just needs to be coded around.

Finally, I would appreciate a link to your gallery; I've been trying to help troubleshoot some of your questions but find it hard without looking at the deployed code.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorPlebbi
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2005

http://www.meritheperi.net into Gallery... im not having problem with this and ive tested on OPERA and FIREFOX and IE but... few people complain about "its really anoying i need to extra quick to be able to you know see the images" you can see the css coding at http://www.meritheperi.net/gallery/css/gallery.css and thats only part ive changed.... except for you know not the full screen link in gallery.php but that cant be it =) but anyway this is so far
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2005 edited

Sorry Plebbi, but it's an IE CSS bug for sure. I'm watching your thumbs disappear in IE; it's like playing Lemmings. Test it again. I can reproduce it in standalone versions of IE 5.5, IE 6.0 and IE 7 Beta 1. Interesting that it still occurs in 7.

I think it's the Peekaboo bug, but it definitely has something to do with the floats, as when the image disappears the content accordingly rearranges.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorPlebbi
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2005

You know how i can fix this :/ :S or is it something that cant be bypassed without having some major reconstruction
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2005 edited

http://positioniseverything.net/explorer/peekaboo.html

This might work:

* html .thumbnail a:hover { /* IE-star hack -- the IE parser has an element above html, which is not spec; therefore, only IE applies this rule */
    height: 1px; /* Holly hack, triggers IE's "hasLayout" property */
    }
    • CommentAuthorPlebbi
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2005

Where do i put this :S in the css file or and where
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2005

Yep, gallery.css should suffice. No guarantee it will work, but if not, there are a lot of other suggested fixes at PIE.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorPlebbi
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2005

ddejong i was thinking where to put this im a little confused for some reason... i just i cant read out of what you gave me where to put that piece of coding... :$ enlighten me :D
    • CommentAuthorPlebbi
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2005

Btw ddejong it worked :D flawless :D now