Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormika73
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2005 edited

I just installed plogger. Everything seams to be ok. I logged into the admin interface and created some collection without a problem ... but when I try to create an album within a collection I get an error. Could not create directory !
    The image directory is set to 777. Within this directory I can create as many collections as I want ... but no albums :-(
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2005

Check to see what the permissions of each Collection folder is.

Derek
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2005

Sounds like the infamous safe_mode bug. Check to see if PHP is in safe_mode, and possibly ask your ISP to turn it off for you. Unfortunately, Plogger currently doesn't work with safe mode.
    • CommentAuthormika73
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2005 edited

I checked the permissions of the collection folders created by plogger. They are all 755... Shoulden't it be 777? I'm not able to change the permissions via ftp. I think the folders created by plogger have a different owner than the files I uploaded via ftp.
    I looked a litte bit into the php-scripts and the permissions should be set to 0777 by the script.
    Later in the evening, I will check if php is running in safe_mode ... but could that realy be the prob? If it is ... why am I able to create the collection? ... shoulden't that operation fail in safe_mode, too?
    • CommentAuthormika73
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2005

mike you're right. It was the safe_mode ;-) But strage the I could create on the images level folder and then not in these folders. Now it is time to upload some pics *FG*
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2005

I think the error stems from the fact that Plogger is trying to create a directory on your web server (which is limited by safe_mode). The strange part is that it will allow you to create a directory by making a collection, but it won't allow you to create a subfolder within that newly created folder (by creating an album).
    I have the same problem and my host refuses to turn off the safe_mode. They will try to help me letting it work on safe_mode.

Is there a way to create an album manually??
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2006

The only reason it is being denied in safe_mode is because PHP will not allow the script to create a directory. I haven't tested this, but you may be able to create a directory manually through FTP and then create the corresponding album in Plogger.

The directory structure is http://www.yoursite.com/plogger/images/collection-name/album-name/

All lower-case for the folder names.
    ok i did that but when I go to the admin it says there isn't an album I think I need to change something in de database too