Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornico1979
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited

Hi, I've downloaded the Plogger Italian translation from this link http://dev.plogger.org/browser/translations but I've no idea how can I use the file .mo and .po.
    Could someone help me?
    Thanks
    Nico, hi, here is a little wiki of Plogger.. i really dont know how to do it, i open a discussion a few hours ago about that, but yo may see this firt.

http://dev.plogger.org/wiki/CleanUp/TranslatingPlogger
    • CommentAuthornico1979
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009

Thanks for the link.
    I've followed the passages but nothing has happaned. I've made those steps:
    1. I've downoloaded the .mo Italian traslation here http://dev.plogger.org/browser/translations/it/it.mo
    2. I've uploaded the file in the /plog-translations/ folder
    3. I've changed the plog-config.php adding the following line: define("PLOGGER_LOCALE","it");
    4. I've uploaded the plog-config.php

I've tryed to upload another .mo file (de.mo) and changed the plog-config.php with define("PLOGGER_LOCALE","de"); without results

Where is my error?
    Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009

nico,

Which version of Plogger are you running? If using the beta3 version, it did not have translations for the front-end (just the admin section I believe). However, if using it with the newest SVN code, there are now new translatable messages that have not yet been updated for the .pot file, so that won't necessarily work either. I think we're pretty much done with any new translatable messages for the next release, so I'll see if we can get a new .pot file up with all the new messages. That way, you can install the newest code in the SVN trunk and you can import your existing .po file so you don't have to redo the translations you already did, but you will need to translate the new messages.

Sorry for the inconvenience of translations, but it kind of came out in between releases (since the development stalled a little after the beta3 release).
    • CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009

Hello,

i start try to traslate in italian plogger.

Anyway i dont neet to traslate 100% of text... can i traslate only the part i need and let in poedit the a part (50% for exsample) not traslated? plogger will work anyway and will show the italian part i have traslated and in english the part i dont have traslated?

Best Regards and thanks for this nice script.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009

I'm not really sure how a partial translation of a .po and .mo file would work. I haven't worked with the translation module of Plogger all that much (other than to fix issues with the gettext and stream conflicts with Wordpress and add new translatable strings). I can take a look and see what I can come up with.