Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpi
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009 edited

My HTML validator found errors in the code:

Result: 2 errors / 0 warnings

line 48 column 221 - B??d: there is no attribute "name"
    here:
    ...</h1></td><td id="jump-search-container"><form id="jump_menu" name="jump_menu" action="#" method="get">...

line 65 column 865 - B??d: end tag for element "form" which is not open
    here:
    ...<div class="meta-header">(10 pictures)</div></div></li></ul></form></div></div> <div id="pagination">...

Is this caused by my gallery settings?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009

It sounds like you're using 1.0Beta3, and yes, the second error is probably caused by your gallery settings. The ending form tag for the download option isn't being hidden when you have it turned off.

Both of these errors have been fixed in the latest SVN version so that it validates regardless of what options are enabled/disabled.
    • CommentAuthorpi

Thank you for such a quick response. In this case have another question. I modified the code to skip the collection and display the albums on my main page. If I update plogger to newer version will this be reset?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell

Yes it will, but the newer version has a dynamic gallery structure built into it. If you only have one collection and all of your albums are in that collection, then the front page of the gallery will display the album level upon entry, as you have it now. You won't have to hack the core code to get the behavior that you currently have.

You might try downloading the latest SVN version and do a test install in another folder on your server to become familiar with how it functions and get your theme changes worked in. That way you don't impact your live gallery while you're working with the latest code. We've added some new features that you don't have in your current gallery, so some "test drive" time would be a good way to learn.

I'm going to recommend that you make a copy of the default theme from the latest SVN version and place it in a folder that has a different name (i.e., kielki) to protect against losing your custom theme in future upgrades (the default theme folder would be overwritten during an upgrade).

You can modify the files in your custom theme folder to reflect how you want your gallery to look in your site, then upload that folder to the /plog-content/themes/ folder. Be sure to edit the meta.php file in the custom folder to change the name and details of the theme so it shows up properly on the Admin>>Themes page.

You'll be able to select your custom theme on the Admin>>Themes page to activate it once you've uploaded it to the server.