Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorovesal
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2005

First of all I must say that I was amaized of how great this script is. Very simple in use and customization yet it beats up any other script that I've seen so far.
    Thank you.

Anyhow I have to very simple questions. (simple because I've seen every body doing it yet I can't figure out how)

1- How do I place a border arround the thumbnails with a margin of lets say 5px.
    My css contains the following line, but it doesn't work the way I want it:

/* Thumbanil Toolbar */
    .large-thumb-toolbar {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    padding-top: 5px;
    padding-bottom: 5px;
    text-align: center;
    }

/* Thumbnail image */
    .thumbnail img {
    float: none;
    padding: 5px;
    text-align: center;
    margin: 4px;
    background: #FFF;
    border-width: 1px;
    border-color: #778899;
    }

/* Thumbnail image (hover) */
    .thumbnail a:hover img {
    border-width: 2px;
    border-color: #38c;
    margin: 3px;
    }

2- What should I do in order to open the thumbnails in pop up instead of same page?

I have searched the forum with the key phrases that I know of but without any luck.

Any help would be appriciated.

thank you in advance.
    • CommentAuthorddejong

First, you need to understand the CSS box model. It insists that any padding and borders be added to the box size. However, IE doesn't do that, and instead adds the padding inside the existing box size. What does that mean? That your code actually probably works fine, but Internet Explorer is putting the padding inside the image, which is not what you want. The solution? Well, you'll have to change the generated markup, so that there is another element surrounding the image. Then you could give it a padding and border without problem.

Second, bug Jack. He's really helpful, and has already done it.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorovesal

Thanks for the replay. I understand what you mean Derek, but I still don't know how to solve the problem. Could you give me a tip?