Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009

<code>Notice: Undefined property: gettext_reader::$ORIGINALS in /home/public_html/foto/plog-includes/lib/gettext/gettext.php on line 83

Notice: Undefined property: gettext_reader::$TRANSLATIONS in /home/public_html/foto/plog-includes/lib/gettext/gettext.php on line 94</code>

Since i upgraded to the last trunk of plogger 0.4beta i get this errors...

What is all about, seems is about the traslation i do in italian...

How i can solve this error?

Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009

Help Anyone?

If i dont solve i will try to reinstall from 0 the beta 4 :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009

cmedia,

This is an issue with translations in the current SVN code. We have added additional messages for translation, but the .po file you have does not match up with the amount of new messages. I am currently working on putting together a new .pot file for translators to update their code.
    • CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009

Perfect...

I mean is good to know what is exsactly the problem and will be fixed as soon you release the pot and i will do the new .pot file...

withoure reinstall plogger/do something else :D

Best Regards and thank you.
    • CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009

Ah, please, when the new .pot file will be realeased can you post in this topic, please?

thank you.

for the ones with my same problem, i temporaneay solved like this:

php_flag display_errors off

add this line in the plogger htaccess

Be careful, because like this you will no see any kind of php error... so, keep this line only thiss sidtheduck release the -pot new file so we can create a .mo file corect without this errors...

is temporaney solution :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009 edited

Hi cmedia,

I uploaded the new .pot file to the SVN repository today. You can download it here. You should be able to update your currently translated .po file with the new .pot file and any previously translated strings should merge over. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Another item I would like to let people know that I am working on a file that will use the Google Language API to automatically translate languages using the Google translation tool. Hopefully it will allow us to create a bunch of different .po files as a base that translators can manually tweak if they run across incorrect translations (since it will be an automatic translation). I'm hoping it will save some time for users that are translating Plogger. I'm getting close with finishing this up and will upload the automatically translated .po files as I can generate them.
    Thankful People: cmedia, gabixSVK
    • CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009

Thank you, i working on to new .po file updated from your new .pot file.
    • CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009 edited

NOTHING!

Importing from new .pot, same error...

Do a brand new .po from your new .pot

SAME ERROR!

:(

I will keep the php flag_off error and the old traslation... :((

Have this error will make work plogger "bad" or will stress the server load or i can ignore with htaccess php_flag display_errors off without care too much about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009

Sorry cmedia,

I did some more checking on this and it's just an undefined variable notice in the gettext class. Your suppression should work just fine and should not stress the server load. You can also change the line in plog-globals.php from:
    error_reporting(E_ALL);
    to:
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
    or:
    error_reporting(E_ERROR);

Or if you want to dig in and fix the issue, you can open "plog-includes/lib/gettext/gettext.php" and change the following lines of code:

Line 83 from:
    if ( !is_array($this->ORIGINALS)) {
    to:
    if (!isset($this->ORIGINALS) || !is_array($this->ORIGINALS)) {

Line 94 from:
    if ($translations and !is_array($this->TRANSLATIONS)) {
    to:
    if ($translations and (!isset($this->TRANSLATIONS) || !is_array($this->TRANSLATIONS))) {
    Thankful People: xiphias
    • CommentAuthorcmedia
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009 edited

WORK PERFECTLY! and seems also faster when plogger load the pages...

thank you very much sidtheduck!

The only error i still see is in the admin panel after the log in:

Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/com/public_html/plog-includes/lib/gettext/streams.php on line 105
    • CommentAuthorBadDay
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/com/public_html/plog-includes/lib/gettext/streams.php on line 105

i have this problem too, any idea for fix?
    • CommentAuthorgabixSVK
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010 edited

Posted By: BadDayWarning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/com/public_html/plog-includes/lib/gettext/streams.php on line 105

i have this problem too, any idea for fix?

Discussion about this Warning is also here