Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorclairev
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited

I have nearly got there with styling my gallery but can't figure out some last bits. I think some of the styling of gallery CSS is conflicting with my main css and Ive got a bit lost and muddled. Any help in putting any of it right would be much appreciated. Should I just have one style sheet? Im sorry if these are silly simple questions but I've tried to fix all the bits I can without asking and now im really stuck.

Most importantly I need to get the gallery to occupy the same space as all the other pages so it flows seamlessly (with a scroll overflow if necessary) so the navigation at the bottom of the page stays static - please help?
    I cant loose the lines top and bottom of the breadcrumbs or the one at the bottom of the page?
    I cant change the font sizes/weights despite changing the css?
    I cant get the picture caption to align left despite trying a class of align-left in the picture.php?
    Finally - and I think this is the hardest thing to implement so I might not be able to do it but can the breadcrumbs follow after the page title 'THE GALLERY'

http://paulvickers.co.uk/ploggerb3/index.php

Thank you in advance.
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009

You need to change a few lines in your default plogger theme gallery.css file. Try adding these
    #wrapper {
    height: 455px;
    }
    #picture_caption {
    text-align: center;
    text-indent: 0;
    }

and delete or comment with /* ...(commented code)... */
    #pagination {
    border-top: 1px solid #CDCDCD;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #CDCDCD;
    }
    #breadcrumbs {
    }

You should be able to change font sizes in the same manner. If you be more specific about what exactly you want to change I can write the CSS rules.
    • CommentAuthorclairev

Hi Rendeto... thank you so much for answering my plee for help. I have just tried the changes and the navigation still moves up and down the page, I need it to stay static with any overflow scrolling like all the other pages in the site. Current css looks like this for the wrapper: #wrapper {
    width: 780px;
    height: 455px;
    overflow: auto;
    text-align: justify;
    font-size: 1.1em;
    margin-top: 0;
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: auto;

}

Also I tried to remove the border on breadcrumbs and pagination and they are still there, my code looks like this: #pagination {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    clear: both;
    }

#breadcrumbs {
    padding: 2px;
    text-align: right;
    font-size: .8em;
    }

Moving the caption hasnt worked either - I know I must be doing something wrong. Im trying to style the gallery to be the same as the other pages. To achieve this I attached my main css to index.php (as a link in the head)... is this the problem as its trying to read 2 style sheets? Im having difficulty getting my head around this one but with your help I might be able to crack it. Would it help if I create a visual of how im trying to get the page to look?

Thanks again - I really appreciate your time.
    • CommentAuthorrendeto

You're welcome, clairev
    There should be no problem to have 2 or more attached style sheets. Are you sure you put the changes into the correct file? The full path to your CSS is:

http://paulvickers.co.uk/ploggerb3/themes/default/gallery.css

Please check this because it hasn't changed since and I see:

#picture_caption {
    font-size: 12pt;
    }
    #wrapper {
    font-family: Verdana, "Trebuchet MS", Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif;
    font-size: 10pt;
    }
    #pagination {
    clear: both;
    }
    #breadcrumbs {

/*border-style: solid;
    border-width: 1px;
    border-color: #000000;
    background-color: #FFC; */
    }
    • CommentAuthorclairev
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009

Hi rendeto

Apologies for the late response I didnt realise you had commented so Ive been trying again myself to fix the site and I have come to a dead end again! I was changing the wrong css file. I have now changed the right one with some success. (if the file called gallery.css in the default theme folder is the right css file, what does the file called gallery.css in the css folder do? Im confused?)

Could you please help/advise me on the following problems... I seem to have cracked getting the gallery to look right for the thumbs, but when you click on a thumb to view the large picture the navigation jumps into the scroll bars and disappears?

Also Im struggling to get the captions to align left - if I try and put text align left on the caption it just disappears?

And finally (well finally for now!) can I change the red text that details the album number and picture numbers to my green (669900)?

Thank you so much :o)
    • CommentAuthorclairev
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009

...think i might have solved the navigation issue by taking the navigation out of the main wrapper and making it a footer instead... I still cant seem to align the picture caption to the left though? Whatever I try it just disappears? Please help!

When you look at my code does it seem ok? I've noticed I have a lot of wrappers and containers - If you can suggest how I can neaten the whole thing up id be really grateful.

Thanks
    Claire
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009

The picture caption you are trying to align left is wrapped in an h2 tag. It takes the huge negative indent you set for 'The Gallery' title in order to replace it with an image.That is why it goes off screen. We need to override that rule. Try adding these lines:
    #picture_caption {
    text-align: left;
    text-indent: 0;
    }

Anyways, I suggest you take the line from
    h2 {
    ...(more rules)...
    text-indent: -2000px;
    }

and move it to
    .h2_gallery {
    text-indent: -2000px;
    }

This way you'll be able to use the h2 tag anywhere in the page without caring about indentation.

For the red text find this in your code:
    .meta-header {
    color: #8B0000;
    ...(more rules)...
    }

and replace it with the color you like.
    Hope this helps.
    • CommentAuthorclairev

Hi... Im really getting there now thank you so much, I really appreciate you time and advice. Im now tyring to specify the max height of the intermediate image (not sure if this is something that can be done in the css?) so that most of the landscape ones fit without the scroll bars appearing. I found this info on a previous thread

* ddejong
    * CommentTimeDec 5th 2005

thanksquote
    plog-functions.php, line ~75, change:
    $phpThumb->w = $thumb_config['size'];

to

$phpThumb->h = $thumb_config['size'];

And Plogger will instead use the configured thumbnail constraint for height (h) instead of width (w).

Regards,
    Derek

but when I open plog-functions.php the above doesn't appear on line 75 it appears 3 time on lines 518, 529 and 543... I have tried changing each in turn but nothing happens... can you help me with this or should I post on the pervious thread I found the above solution on?

Thanks
    Claire
    • CommentAuthorclairev

also... and I think this is a css issue ive just checked the site in IE (which always depresses me!) and its putting horizontal scroll bars on some of the intermediate images - is there any way I can neaten this up - I dont know where to start?

Thanks as always
    Claire
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009

Hi Claire,

I'm afraid that for the image height issue you'll have to ask someone from the plogger team to help you. I have no php skills at all. :(

As to the IE issue... Your picture caption and breadcrumbs are put into tables and table width is set to 100%. Probably the vertical scroll bar added to this width exceeds over the container so horizontal scroll bar shows up, too. Try removing the extra table markup (table, tbody, tr and td tags) or at least reduce the width to about 90-95%. I think that if you manage to fix both height and width of the images so they fit in the container, there will be no issues. Or you can then use the { overflow: hidden; } property to your main container. For sure no scroll bars will appear but all content that exceeds the container will be cut off.

Greets
    • CommentAuthorclairev
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009

Hi rendeto

I will try the width reduction tactic and see if that resolves the problem. Once again thank you for your time, help and advice over the past week or so, I really appreciate it :)
    • CommentAuthorclairev
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009

Hi rendeto

Ive come across another css issue and I think I've created it whilst trying to style plogger. Its probably not noticeable on a small screen but my text indented links are coming in on the left hand side of the page for my navigation items... can you help me fix this as I can't work out what Ive done? The home page is fine but on all the other pages the 'links' link starts appearing despite there being a text indent of -2000px on the navigation items?!?!

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009

Hi again,

To fix this just increase the indent value from -2000px to -9999em for all of the links classes (e.g. .link_home, .link_about, .link_cv, etc.). Or you can use only one rule to set the text indent for all navigational links, as follows:
    #navigation a {
    text-indent: -9999em;
    }
    • CommentAuthorclairev
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009

as always... thank you for your help - that fixed it :)
    • CommentAuthorclairev
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009

Hi again... Ive posted on th bottom of other threads relating to this but had no response so wondered if you knew the answer? Im trying to get the thumbs to be centered on the page but keep the breadcrumbs left. I've tried the things suggested in other posts and can get them to align in the middle but they go into 1 long column only 1 image wide?

Any Suggestions?
    Thanks
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009

Hi!
    Sorry, I don't come here very often.
    Achieving what you want with your current markup and CSS only is beyond my capabilities. I know how to do it if you have only thumbnails (no caption, picture number, etc.). And what's with them aligned to the left? I like it that way. :)

Greetings