Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsoulfly
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009

Every time I upload a single file or a zipped file I get a CHMOD error:

Make sure to CHMOD 777 your newly created folders within the uploads directory or else Plogger cannot access them. Plogger cannot CHMOD the directory for you while PHP is in safe mode.

To resolve this error I've to change the CHMOD to 777 every time I upload the files.

Is there any permanent fix for this?

Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you all.
    • CommentAuthorsoulfly
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009

hello? anyone here to sort out this issue? thank you all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

soulfly,

It's a limitation of the safe_mode setting in PHP that causes issues when PHP's mkdir() function is called that is does not have the same owner/group permissions as most other PHP scripts. This means that PHP can create a directory using the mkdir() command, but it has different owner/group permissions that don't allow that same PHP script to CHMOD the permissions of that newly created folder.

You can download and upgrade to the latest SVN code which has a safe_mode workaround built into it. You need to have a PHP installation with the FTP function package installed (which is most) and create an FTP account that has access to the Plogger installation folder which you will be prompted for the information during install/upgrade. It's the only universal way to get around the safe_mode limitations on servers. There are other ways of working around it besides FTP, but they have different variables which depend on how your web hosts PHP installation is set up and what they have entered in as their default values. Or you could see if your web host will disable safe_mode or change web hosts. Those are the options that I know of.