Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoradchris
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited

My plogger gallery was working well all along, suddenly this error came out from no where. Now, my gallery cannot be view and I can't access to the admin control panel. Can anyone advise me how to rectify it? And how to prevent it from happening again?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'sas'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/sas/public_html/sas_imagegallery/plog-functions.php on line 415
    Plogger cannot connect to the database because: Access denied for user 'sas'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Thank you.

Christopher
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009

@adchris:

Make sure that your plog-config.php file is still on the server in the folder Plogger is installed in. If it is, make sure it has the correct information (database name, database username, database password) listed.

After doing that, if you still get the same error, then it's possible that your webhost made some changes or mySQL is down on your server. You would need to contact them to resolve the mySQL issues.
    Thankful People: adchris
    • CommentAuthoradchris
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009

Thanks for your help. It works perfect now.

I explain a bit here, so that it can serve as reference for other users if they encounter the same problem.

Here what happen:

1. I changed my Hosting Control Panel password. After checking with my hosting service provider, by doing so, it also had affected mySQL password automatically as well. So, mySQL password have changed to my Hosting Control Panel password.

2. This will caused the warning error "Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access ... : YES)". Plogger gallery & admin will not be able to access.

How to fix:

1. I took kimparsell's advice, find the plog-config.php file. Open it and change the new password (same as hosting control panel password). For reference, this is the line I've changed in the file, define("PLOGGER_DB_PW","replacethenewpasswordhere");

2. It's working again

Hope this can help more people.

Christopher