Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnnie
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009

Please can someone show me how I can manually sort images within an album so that I am not tied to the currently available options? Perhaps having an option to move an image up or down would suffice. I'm using version 549 with a customized default theme.
    • CommentAuthorAnnie
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009

This is tantalizing. The thread at the following URL implies that manual image sorting is possible in the Admin but the link in the thread to the explanation is no longer working and so I don't know what I need to change. Please can someone help me with this?

http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/1957/manual-sort-of-photos/
    • CommentAuthorchewbears

Does your "manual" method of sorting have any field associated with your reason for sorting? Or is it just your preference?
    • CommentAuthorAnnie

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I want to be able to add further images to my albums at a later date and it would be helpful to be able to place some of the new images in between the older ones to maintain a logical order. Otherwise I will have to upload them all again in the order I want them to appear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009

Annie,

Like I said in that post, there is not an "official" manual sort order of photos, but it is something we are working on. I don't quite remember all the information that the original poster for the solution on that discussion posted, so I cannot help you there either.

In the meantime, if you are not using the "Caption" for anything, you can enter your sort order there and sort images by "Caption". For example, enter "A" or "001" in the caption for the first picture and "B" or "002" for the caption of the second, etc. This will order your images how you would like them to show up. Then, just use your "Description" as a caption and you should be set.
    • CommentAuthorAnnie
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have been using both the caption and description so I've taken to renaming all my files and sorting by filename - a bit longwinded but it's a temporary solution.

I'm using version 549. Did I read somewhere that it's not possible to upgrade from this version to the later versions? I've customized the theme and didn't want to go through all that again but would like the later release if it solves the sorting issue.